The Training & Organizational Effectiveness Manager will manage resources, courses, training metrics, and budgets in support of the companys competency program and business objectives. Responsibilities of this position will include conducting needs assessments, developing training content, and delivering training courses. This position will partner with all of RiceTec leadership teams to maintain focus on the needs of the organization while remaining strategically aligned with the business units and corporate objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training & Organizational Development
- Develop curriculum, agendas, materials, and assessments for training courses.
- Develop and test online, computer-based training, and e-Learning courses.
- Evaluate and negotiate with 3rd-party vendors who supply training.
- Identify and solicit subject matter experts to help with the creation and delivery of training.
- Coordinate training schedules and evaluate applicable outside training resources.
- Research, plan, and organize training programs, seminars, and conferences.
- Review, and evaluate existing and proposed programs; recommends appropriate changes.
- Conduct new employee orientation.
- Assist with preparing and administering various training programs.
- Prepare and distribute training aids such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids; schedules the appropriate classroom and prepare the physical setup when necessary.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Assist in ensuring the integrity of the HR/Benefits and ADP systems at all times.
- Keep technically current on each upgrade or enhancement to any ADP product.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate should have a Bachelors Degree in a related field and three to five years of directly related experience and/or training, with demonstrated proficiency in Training, and/or recruiting. PHR is preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The successful candidate should be able to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents and to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees. Spanish language skills a strong plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
PHR Certification is preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.