Manager, Transmission Line Engineering-25393
Xcel Energy's Substation / Transmission Engineering and Design group located in Amarillo, Texas has several leadership opportunities. This posting is specifically for a Manager of Transmission Line Engineering.
Amarillo location is strongly preferred; however; Denver may be considered with substantial travel expected.
Are you Sr. Engineer looking for the next step in your career? This is the perfect opportunity for someone who enjoys leading others, has experience designing high voltage transmission lines, and is ready for a challenging and rewarding career.
Provides visionary and strategic leadership while directing engineering and design activities for high voltage electric transmission lines. Accountable for innovative and cost-effective designs, technical matter expertise, and real-time technical support services to construction and operations teams for overhead and underground electric transmission lines. Anticipates and positions the organization to meet future needs in a changing, competitive environment. Accountable for attainment of corporate and business unit goals and objectives. Committed to employee development.
- Accountable for engineering & design activities related to: capital project design and estimating; equipment procurement; resource planning and estimating; and technical support to construction and operations departments. Manages highly skilled technical groups with responsibility for adherence to industry and corporate design and safety standards.
- Attracts, recruits and retains a multi-functional, diversified, well-trained, motivated and empowered workforce. Communicates clear performance expectations. Communicates and ensures understanding of Company mission, vision, values, goals and objectives. Models innovative approaches. Fosters a culture of employee involvement in continuous learning, career planning and enhancing job/industry knowledge and skills. Promotes engineers being professionally registered.
- Responsible for effective, efficient and competitive utilization of resources, with emphasis on safety, timeliness, cost-containment, system reliability, customer satisfaction, optimal asset utilization and compliance with regulations.
- Works closely with Project Management and Portfolio Integration to identify resourcing requirements in order to optimize utilization of company and consultant resources and complete projects in a timely manner. Provides ongoing management of controls and measures to evaluate effectiveness of in-house and consultant resources.
- Establishes and champions the Units process improvement initiatives, goals and objectives in line with corporate and business unit strategic goals and initiatives.
- Communicates with and establishes effective working relationships with external entities and internal organizations outside normal span of control to maximize efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation.
- Assesses complex competitive technical issues and political/social issues and develops strategies to achieve results that consider the broader perspective of a wide array of stakeholders.
- Represents the company nationally and locally through participation in industry and professional forums in order to stay abreast of emerging industry changes, issues and technologies.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 10 years relevant experience in delivery systems engineering, construction and operations; to include 3 years supervisory/management or project lead experience
- Professional Engineering registration
- 3 years supervisory, management or project lead experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering
- Previous management experience
- Demonstrated specific experience in the area of high voltage transmission line engineering
- Experience with design projects, transmission line equipment, transmission line construction techniques and transmission line design and construction standards
- Experience with customer interaction
Primary Location: TX-Amarillo
Other Locations: CO-Denver
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Xcel Energy - 17 months ago
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4...