Job Vacancy: Manager, Transmission Operations and Maintenance
NBC Sports Group Stamford , CT
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.
The Manager, Transmission Operations and Maintenance will manage the transmission operations staff and their associated activities supporting all incoming and outgoing transmission operations.
- Ensure engineering designs, plans, maintenance and other activities result in a safe and reliable transmission operation, inclusive of transmission lines, switching stations, encoding/decoding, frame syncs, routing and scheduling interfaces.
- Interface with the Operations and Production departments to ensure all of their transmission and routing needs are met.
- Interface with transmission carriers for circuit issues, escalations, maintenance, and overall performance.
- Maintain compliance with applicable operating and technical and reliability standards and regulations.
- Establish standard operation procedures for all transmission activities including the audio/video and communications check-in and QC process for remotes and the outgoing transmission activity.
- Develop long and short range plans and budgets designed to meet current and future transmission system demands.
- Manage the ongoing design and modifications of the transmission and communication systems to keep up with the changing demands and objectives of the plant.
- Develop preventative system maintenance plans, problems resolution check list, and system for tracking transmission logs.
- Integrate and collaborate with Broadcast Engineering Department to design and implement advanced solutions to meet transmission and communication delivery requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in both operations and technical management required with a minimum of seven (7) years of collective broadcast experience.
- Extensive knowledge of fiber optic and coax transport, MPEG 2 and 4 encoding and decoding, ASI, Dolby-E, MATV/ IPTV, multi-way processors, standards converters, frame syncs, matrix based communications systems and plant routing systems.
- Ability to comprehend signal flow documents (CAD) as well as systems level troubleshooting.
- Must be proficient with broadcast test and measurement equipment in addition to MS Office, Visio, and AutoCAD.
- Must be an excellent communicator and able to manage highly technical operations teams while interfacing with the Engineering, Operations and Production departments, and 3rd party vendors.
- Position requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well under the pressures of “live” television.
TVZ - 10 months ago