Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FLI)
is an innovative, growth-oriented prescription pharmaceutical company focused on developing top-quality therapies that help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. We take pride in meeting our business objectives and expanding our product franchises, but we also derive satisfaction in helping to bring relief to people who are suffering. Our products treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia, and we keep a focused eye on the future with a robust pipeline of compounds at virtually every stage of development. With headquarters in New York City and operations in New Jersey, Long Island, Missouri, Ohio, California, Ireland and the U.K, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
Manger, Treasury Operations
will provide leadership in the execution of global treasury operations. This position with report directly to the Director, Assistant Treasurer.
Basic core functions of the Treasury department exist, but critical Treasury functions and operations need to be reassessed and enhanced to meet changes in Forest's business activities and general global business conditions. The
Manager, Treasury Operations
is in part an independent thinker while being an excellent collaborator within Treasury, and with other Forest functional teams, to action opportunities that make a significant impact
Main areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for Forest's Corporate Treasury operations function and contribution to it's strategic direction including but not limited to:
- Develop systems and reporting tools for all aspects of the Treasury operations. Supervise the implementation of these processes. Assist the Assistant Treasurer with the implementation and future enhancement of a Treasury Management System (TMS).
- Create, maintain or update corporate Treasury policies and procedures, as needed. Ensure all business units remain in compliance with all Treasury policies and procedures. Maintain sound internal treasury controls.
- Provide direct management of the Senior Treasury Analyst. Work with the Senior Treasury Analyst to further develop their Treasury skills, knowledge, and experience for high performance. Provide collaborative leadership in coaching Senior Treasury Analyst to drive projects to completion.
- Oversee and manage the daily cash position process, daily short-term US investments, US short-term debt issuance (credit facility or commercial paper) and weekly cash forecast. Ensure adequate short-term liquidity to meet all company obligations.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date global bank account database within the Treasury Management System (or manually using Excel).
- Work with the Assistant Treasurer to maintain an accurate medium-term and long-term cash flow forecast.
- Monitor investment portfolio composition, policy compliance and investment performance of US and international asset managers. Issue monthly portfolio investment reporting to senior management. Lead impairment committee in monitoring impaired assets.
- Execute foreign exchange spot and derivative transactions. Evaluate and maintain the most efficient foreign exchange online transaction systems to minimize cost and automate the process including:
- Record and track funding and hedging transactions processed through the in-house bank.
- Negotiate bank services and fees with financial institutions and other third party service providers.
- Receive, review and forward Credit Facility compliance reporting to Administrative Agent Bank.
Minimum Qualifications to be considered for this position:
Ideally candidates will also have:
- MBA or equivalent preferred in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 8-10 years of Treasury management experience.
- Ability to effectively assess and manage global treasury functions relating to Treasury operations, cash management, liquidity management, investment management and bank relationship management.
- Corporate risk management experience
- Experience with domestic and international banking
- Experience managing custody providers and asset managers
- Strong knowledge of global cash management, corporate finance, capital and credit markets, and related instruments and products.
- Basic risk management knowledge and familiarity with the foreign exchange and capital markets.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills along with the ability to think and act strategically.
- Effective negotiation skills and ability to manage numerous outside service providers.
- Familiar with Bloomberg or other market data service providers.
Allergan plc (AGN), headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, is a unique, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model –...