Teleflex, a medical device organization, has an amazing opportunity for a leader to support the IT Service Support team across the US. This position has the opportunity to sit in either the Limerick, PA (will move to King of Prussia, PA) or Raleigh-Durham, NC.
The Corporate division is the central operating unit of the company setting strategy and policy and providing business development, finance, human resources, information technology, investor relations and legal support to the businesses.
The Manager, US Service Support will have primary responsibility to motivate, lead and develop a group of IT professionals to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support with oustanding customer service by managing, coordinating and executing day to day Event and Escalation Management for locations across the United States.
Activities include: Monitoring and maintaining consistant and standard IT environments at responsible sites, coordinate and provide technical support and on-site field support as required, as well as escalation management and communication to sites employees and management teams.
• Manage activities and performance for department and subordinates.
• Respond to end-users and other teams' work orders in a timely fashion in order to provide technical support for all computer hardware and software applications, and server and network devices; and providing guidance to end-users of technical products and services.
• Provide and analyze metrics, trend analysis and information to ensure that Service Support team is consistently providing a high level of service to all Teleflex Inc employees
• Direct activities including, but not limited to, the fulfillment of requests from the end user community for the consumption of existing IT services such as access management, PC deployment, software installations, data center monitoring, server availability, network monitoring and troubleshoot, data backup, security, data access, perform disaster recovery tests.
o Maintain and monitor service operation and performance.
o Ensure that work is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
o Work with other managers to ensure operational consistency
o Facilitates customer resolution for escalated calls and engage the necessary technical support
o Ensure that communication with vendors and end-users is maintaned, to be able to provide updated information for incidents and problems.
o Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws; including interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, apparising performance (PMP and WPRS), rewarding and disciplining, resolving problems,and communicating necessary information on an ongoing basis.
o Adhere to and compliance with Teleflex's Code of Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
• Bachelor degree in an IT field, Preferred Qualification: Master’s degree
• 5 years’ experience in Information Technology
• 3 years’ experience leading an IT infrastructure organization
• Preferred Qualification:
o Working knowledge of process, hardware, and software validation in a regulated life science environment
o ITIL v3 Foundations
o ITIL v3 Service Operations Practitioner
Teleflex is a global provider of specialty medical devices used for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. We serve hospitals and clinicians in more than 130 countries with well known, trusted brands in vascular access, general and regional anesthesia, urology, respiratory care, cardiac care, and surgery. We also provide products and services for device manufacturers. Our products are designed to cost effectively provide clinical benefits and enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety.
Teleflex Medical - 21 months ago