Manager, Ultrasonic Engineering
Moog Medical Devices Group
Salt Lake City, Utah
In today's economic environment, doing what you've always done—even if you do it “very well”—is no longer acceptable… Moog Medical Devices Group “gets this” and despite challenging circumstances, is committed to continually transforming our organization to maintain "best in class."
Moog Medical Devices Group designs, manufactures, and distributes industry-leading surgical hand pieces, fluid sensing and control solutions, and enteral feeding, infusion, and post-operative pain management pumps. Through investment in research & development and relying on our vast expertise, we design and develop advanced medical systems that improve medication safety, optimize application performance and reduce medical expenses. The Manager, Ultrasonic Engineering position will be based in the Salt Lake City, Utah office.
In general, the Manager, Ultrasonic Engineering will be responsible for developing ultrasonic sensors & surgical handpieces for various regulated markets. Will build and lead a multidisciplinary engineering team responsible for analyzing product requirement, making cost and technical proposals, developing prototypes, final design, verification and validation. The manager will leverage past ultrasonic experience and strong communication skills to collaborate closely with marketing, regulatory, quality, and manufacturing.
Additionally, will work with upper management to determine long term product, skill, and organizational needs. Assure that the products are reliable and designed for manufacturability. Provide leadership for ultrasonic subsystem design, verification, validation, and risk management of medical device components and coordinate internal and external design and test efforts.
In order to be successful in this role, as a minimum, you should have the following:
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Engineering, Physics or Materials from an accredited University and at least 3 years of relevant work experience, and 2 years in project management or people leadership.
You might be asking "What's in it for me?"
- Excellent organizational, project management and, technical problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to occasionally travel to customer sites, as required, to support sales and account management efforts
- Proven leadership and program/project management skills with a track record of successful product introductions
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as ability to independently function in technical capacities
- Effective communication skills with all levels of technical and operating personnel, both internal and external, via in person, phone and email
- Proven ability to exercise inventiveness and independent judgment
- Ability to succeed in highly regulated compliance oriented environment while still providing service excellence
Moog Medical Devices Group offers a wide range of fabulous benefits, including, comprehensive medical and dental insurance at competitive rates, life insurance, short and long term disability insurances, 401(k) plan with a company match, Retirement Savings Plan, generous paid time off policy for work life balance, and the opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment that strives for mutual trust and confidence.
If you are interested in joining a progressive and fast paced company, and have what it takes to make a positive impact in the lives of the patients we serve, submit your resume via the Moog on-line Career Center located at: www.moog.com . The requisition number for this position is: 13 -8480
Equal Opportunity Employer
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible,...