The Manager, Systems Engineering will manage the Virtualization Engineering team including 24/7 management and coordination of systems activities related to projects and support. Successful candidates will be recognized as technical experts in the Virtualization, Compute, and Storage disciplines and will have the ability to articulate and demonstrate both deep and broad knowledge across multiple areas of information technology infrastructure. We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic technologists who thrive on efficiency by contributing to the development of standards, processes, and automation requirements that lead to operational excellence.
- Manage a team of system engineers with strong knowledge of system engineering and application infrastructure
- Responsible for the implementation, management, and support of all compute and storage equipment and virtualization platforms
- Provide effort estimation and complete work based on a schedule of activities in coordination with other IT Operations leaders.
- Execute Catamaran production Change Management, Problem Management and Incident Response procedures
- Adhere to system hardening guidelines and security best practices in support of ISO 27001/PCI/SOX
- Document all operational processes and procedures to optimize support and management of deployed systems
- Contribute towards new and on-going technology projects in areas of Scalability, Performance and High Availability
- Develop strong partnerships with Architecture, Project Management, Data Center and Support teams
- Lead the development and execution of operational objectives and ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Partner with other engineering teams and executives to develop short and long-term product and service strategies
- Participate in the design and delivery of systems and processes to deliver technology per the product marketing plan and specifications
- Manage the investigation and troubleshooting of system issues to determine root cause and drive solutions
- Responsible for continuous improvement to the processes and procedures for all technology and services offered
- Hire, train and assess performance of direct reports according to corporate policies and procedures and best human resources practices
- Assist in the growth of employees through training and career development activities
Education and Experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, consistently delivering on commitments, simultaneously engaging in multiple projects and activities; Self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box. Innovative.
- Demonstrated success developing and deploying IT enterprise architecture strategies that deliver measurable business benefits, in a cost effective manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency and ability to solve businesses needs and opportunities, first validating business needs/opportunities/impacts/risks - including needed process or organization changes; and then enhancing with technology-based solutions.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex IT ideas, issues, concepts and solutions across all levels of the organization, including the executive leadership team, IT personnel, business operational employees and consultants (written & verbal).
- Solid business acumen across core functional areas/processes.
- Proficient knowledge across multiple IT disciplines, with working technical knowledge/breadth across all major IT disciplines.
- Demonstrated competency in communication the value of enterprise architecture to senior management
- Experience creating processes for the management and governance of IT in relation to business strategy
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience as a Systems Engineer managing and administering virtualized infrastructure solutions
- 5+ years experience with virtualized data centers and corresponding hardware platforms
- Proven strong innovative and analytical skill with extensive implementation skills
- Extensive experience working within structured change management processes for highly available enterprise systems
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, conducive to team development
medITjobs.com - 18 months ago