Manager, Valuation and Analytics
Scope of Position
The Manager, Valuation and Analytics will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and using proforma valuation models to evaluate the economics of renewable energy projects including wind, solar, biomass, pumped storage, and other technologies. You will assess and communicate effectively project values and risk metrics to senior management for investment decisions.
Reports to: Director, Valuation and Analytics
Division/Department: Development / Valuation/Analytics
Location: San Diego, CA
90% of the time is spent using computers in the office environment with up to 10% of the time travelling to meet with counterparties, attend conferences, training, etc. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA, Word, and Powerpoint required. Familiarity with simulation and risk analysis software desired. Other programming languages/software packages are a bonus (Matlab, Promod, R, SPSS, Stata, etc.).
Provide pricing and analytical support to Valuation and Transactions, Project Finance, Asset Management, and other groups, as necessary.
Help drive the valuation process: update and refine proforma valuation model, validate general and project specific model inputs, run scenario analyses, and quantify risk.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Masters degree preferred, but not required
- At least 3-5 years valuation experience
- Renewable or energy industry experience preferred
- Strong understanding of valuation concepts and skills (DCF analysis, option pricing)
- Strong Excel skills; extensive financial spreadsheet experience
- Knowledge and understanding of statistics
- Simulation experience (Crystal Ball, @Risk, other)
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a fully integrated team (developers, project managers, legal, consultants, accounting, project finance, etc.)
- Ability to convey detailed/complex financial information accurately and concisely
- Understanding of US energy and capacity markets and pricing
- Understanding of US REC markets and pricing
- Understanding and working knowledge of renewable energy project tax equity financing
EDF Renewable Energy - 8 months ago
EDF Renewable Energy is a leading U.S. independent power producer with more than 25 years of expertise in the renewable industry, covering...