Job Posting |
Covance is growing it's Vendor Management Team!
Working independently as well as a Manager leading their team oversees the following activities:
• Develops and manages the internal review process for Letters of Intent, Individual Project Agreements, and Task Orders/Work Orders/Statements of Work.
• Works to negotiate scope of work and performance requirements for complex agreements with limited oversight/guidance and brings them to closure.
• Handles multiple projects of varying complexity, importance and priority simultaneously and autonomously.
• Interfaces with Contract Management to ensure vendor costs are appropriately reflected in contractual documents with study sponsor in order to recapture costs spent on its behalf.
• Promotes the ongoing education of operations personnel as to the nature of Vendor Management.
• Participates in strategic and/or special projects as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Ensures core vendor management processes and principles are effectively applied to assure decisions are based on total value not just price.
• Stays current on clinical and operational best practices and applies them to vendor management processes.
• Prepares and maintains all required documentation relating to
o Vendor related user specifications
o Contractual and business obligations
o Operational processes
• Oversees supplier performance monitoring, as well as tracking savings in accordance with established methodologies.
• Represents the organization in corporate and professional forums as necessary.
• Works with key stakeholders to identify and qualify potential suppliers in support of sponsor studies
• Represents the organization in major initiatives involving complex operational requirements for vendor support
4 year degree or ex-US equivalent from an accredited university in Business, Technical, or Life Sciences. Higher level degree, MBA a plus.
Years of experience in the job discipline. 5+ years
Years of experience in other professional roles. 7+ years
Other required work-related experiences.
Demonstrated experience in negotiating and drafting contracts and other agreements that require only occasional specialized review, including business and legal terms and conditions and pricing.
Ability to establish clear priorities quickly; work under pressure; handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
Proven ability to manage effectively cross-functional teams with a potentially divergence of interests and priorities in order to achieve complex objectives.
Personal integrity with uncompromising ethical standards
Ability to think “out of the box.”
Must be an effective negotiator, have strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 4 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...