CVA certification preferred
• BS/BA degree required, or proven equivalent directly related work experience.
• Minimum 3 years experience with high proficiency in human relation skills.
• Experience working with all levels of staff up to senior management
• Volunteer management experience strongly preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and complete duties in a timely and organized manner
• Works collaboratively and in a positive manner with others
• Ability to train and supervise staff and volunteers
• Performs work according to CHOP policies and procedures, professional standards of care, and applicable laws
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
• Ability to set goals and judge results in accordance with the highest standards; care with sensitivity and respect; advance care through development of new ideas and technology; promote teamwork to achieve CHOP’s mission, and understand and exceed customer expectations
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Coordinates and oversees the volunteer program. Ensures adequate numbers of qualified volunteers to meet the hospital’s needs. Participates in strategic planning and manages the operational/capital budgets. Oversees the recruitment, selection, orientation, recognition and retention of all volunteers. Ensures compliance with all local, state and national laws and regulations. Serves as a liaison between CHOP, community organizations, and corporations for recruitment of volunteers.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...