The primary function of this position is to manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of web based applications and initiatives. Responsible for ensuring the success of all aspects of initiatives he/she is charged with overseeing. Interacts with web developers and all levels of management to determine project requirements for the enhancements and new development initiatives. Assists in the design and development of these new systems, including: testing, documentation, and end-user training. Act as a management consultant and catalyst for creating new ways to use the web.
· Research, design, develop, and maintain customized modules for existing and new web applications.
· To provide line management and leadership of the Web Development team, to include full responsibility for the recruitment and retention of staff.
· Interface with staff to determine the needs and provides input into strategic planning of new software.
· Assist in architecting and modeling the object models of new components
· Report to manager any problems and status of progress on all projects.
· Management of ongoing and new development in relation to assigned websites.
· Create secure data transfer between web and internal systems.
· Design, develop and implement database interfaces using Microsoft .NET technologies.
· To monitor web server and site technical performance.
· Supervise development staff and work with departmental representatives to coordinate project priorities and progress.
· Evaluate performance, prepare and deliver performance reviews.
· Assist in end user training, testing, and debugging of extranet applications.
· Oversee workflow and project details to ensure project completion meets deadlines.
· Manage development of program documentation, project timelines, and on-line help/training functionality.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
· Requires a minimum of five to seven years of Web Application experience, including Hands-on experience in developing large-scale web-based applications using the latest Microsoft technologies.
· Healthcare background is a plus.
· Proven management skills of enterprise level websites using Agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, etc.
· Proven management and leadership skills of technical and non-technical teams or groups of individuals
· Thorough knowledge of the software development lifecycle, QA and test methodologies and processes, and experience with one (or more) products through all phases of the software development life cycle
· Excellent communication, collaboration, multitasking, project and time management skills.
· Strong written & verbal presentation & communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business.
· Ability to effectively share technical information with non-technical people within the company
· Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent time management skills demonstrated by the ability to execute multiple projects and team management tasks while working with tight deadlines
· Motivated for continuous improvement and able to motivate and engage others on the team to do the same. This should include latest technologies, programming concepts, management concepts, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service skills to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with shifting priorities.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
ASH Companies - 17 months ago