Provide leadership to an operations team of supervisors, engineers/technical staff and production team members to deliver world class business results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Work collaboratively with supply chain, purchasing and back shop departments to reach business goals. Develop a pipeline of talent to meet the future needs of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and communication to all team members to ensure understanding and attainment of Company, site, and unit performance objectives.
• Utilize, drive, and promote understanding of Polaris and/or Lean tools and principles to ensure the delivery of business objectives and a culture of continuous improvement.
• Lead safety awareness, accident prevention and ergonomic improvement efforts and programs.
• Develop a world-class operations team by challenging the status quo, coaching and counseling, and focusing development to drive business results.
• Collaborate with the Product team, Engineering and/or Purchasing on design for manufacturability, product quality and delivery. Ensure successful launch of new programs.
• Represents Operations at business unit level.
• Drive step-change in quality and continuous improvement through the effective application of data analysis, problem solving and teamwork.
• Build and maintain a strong leadership team and positive work environment based on Polaris’ culture and values.
• Get involvement and buy-in to accelerate change and motivate others around vision and goals.
• Contribute to Polaris strategy and long range planning.
• Develop and execute department budget.
• Partner effectively with team members at other Polaris locations, support team decisions and Polaris as a whole.
US - Roseau, MN
4 year degree or higher
Years of Experience Required
5 plus years of experience
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 4,500 employees in 15 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2012 sales of $3.2 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
Polaris Industries - 5 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...