The Application Development Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating development resources through various initiatives. The Application Development Manager is responsible for overseeing the successful development and delivery of all SMS related projects. He/She will have technical knowledge and superior management skills to support their team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to provide sound technical advice and guidance to staff.
- Must be able to disseminate a technical design document and provide alternate solutions and accurate level of efforts.
- Must be able to provide comprehensive troubleshooting of issues that arise in QA, DEV or PROD environments.
- Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of all Development projects.
- Responsible for creating project plans for all development activities and tracking those activities.
- Responsible for creating resource capacity plans based on staffing levels.
- Generate metric based reports against all projects and resources.
- Proactively identify all impediments that impact development, provide direction to project team members for timely resolution.
- Handle the triage and resolution of Jira tickets stemming from QA or via internal initiatives.
- Oversee adherence to development standards and policies as defined by Development Management.
- Participate in project wrap-up sessions to highlight successes and failures of the team. Create and manage remediation plans focusing on continuous improvement.
- Responsible for keeping track of regular test suite runs across the development code streams.
- Responsible for interacting with other teams such as Design, QA and Operations.
- Assist mentoring junior developers on development process and methodology.
- Responsible for hiring the staff, setting up their objectives and evaluating staff against those objectives. Providing input on job performance to staff from time to time.
- Responsible for status reporting to upper management.
- Must have technical background/knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Management or a related technical field.
- 2-3 years experience technically leading development based projects.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Nice to have - perl would be a plus, as well as c++,
- Microsoft Project experience a must.
- Microsoft Project Server experience preferred.
- Microsoft Access & Microsoft Excel expertise a must.
- Sharepoint experience preferred.
- Experience in a Subscription based business preferred.
- C, C++, SQL expertise
- Oracle BRM experience preferred.
- Sharepoint design/modifications/updates.
- Jira experience preferred.
- CVS experience preferred.
Resource Search Company - 13 months ago