In the absence of the Director, will have full responsibility of the Audiology Clinic. The Manager Audiology evaluates auditory function of patients; provide rehabilitation for patients; refer patients to other appropriate clinics; counsels patients on hearing conservation and/or hearing loss The Manager has specific duties for personnel as directed by the Director of Audiology. The Manager will supervise and have oversight of all 4th year Au.D. students, plus coordinate students who spend time here under formal externships from Audio logy training programs. The Manager will not conduct annual performance reviews on Audiology staff or effect discipline of staff.
Requires an AuD or other doctorate level (Ph.D., Sc.D.) degree.
The Manager must also be ASHA certified and have a current license to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
A minimum of three years clinical experience.
- Must have experience and skill in the various aspects of Audiology service delivery with adults and children, i.e. ABR, OAEs, hearing aids, vestibular assessment, newborn hearing screening, etc. Requires knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of audiology, basic clinical audiology, audiometry, the psychology of learning and the principles of human growth and development as applied to speech, of audio logy equipment, medical terminology, of counseling, of problems of the hearing impaired, and the physically handicapped and of the sources for providing speech language therapy.
- Requires the ability to train medical and non-medical personnel in audio logy, to plan, assign, coordinate, and evaluate work.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain harmonious relationships.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Requires travel for job related purposes.