Manager Business Development
The Associate Marketing Manager reports to the Business Development Director of Corporate Accounts within the global marketing organization at Cessna. This individual will be assigned strategic marketing responsibilities for one of three distinct customer segments, with a focus on Fortune 500 companies.
This individual is charged with researching and then customizing business aviation programs that create value for the customer while delivering on their corporate aviation needs.
The incumbent is expected to be the catalyst of new business relationships, sparking the interest of key prospects through thought-provoking propositions cleverly delivered.
Specifically, through research, interaction, travel analysis, and macro-economic trends, this self-starter must be able to identify meaningful ways for Cessna to deliver customer value and then present these findings in compelling ways.
Marketing materials created will, at times, be utilized by management in deal-closing situations.
The incumbent will work extensively with cross-functional teams (finance, sales, and business leaders) at Cessna to help translate strategic insights into actionable plans and tools for creating powerful customer engagement.
The ideal candidate must be a self starter who can work closely with business leaders, marketing peers and the sales organization and must ensure that Cessna Aircraft Company delivers the right message at the right time, tailored to the right audience in a professional and polished manner.
He/She must be proactive, nimble, comfortable with ambiguity, and possess a dogged determination to get the job done.
This is a critical position within Cessna that will help shape and influence the future of Cessna’s business as well as impact the evolution of our historic industry.
Job location: Wichita, KS.
Travel: up to 20%.
DESIRED SKILLS & TRAITS:
- Strong analytical, planning and budgeting skills
- The ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes
- A bias for innovative thinking with practical application
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and manage complexity in a matrix organization
- Excellent communications nad presentation skills and comfortable around senior management (internal and external)
- Strategically minded and able to influence/lead without direct authority
- Strong project management skills, and ability to network across the company to get things done
- Humility and hunger to learn, open minded and works well in a team environment
- Comfortable with financial analysis - able to deliver value-driven propositions that drive bottome line performance.
- Thick skin and grit
- Bachelor's degree is a must, an MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of leadership experience and direct management of employees
- Proven track record of delivering success
- MS Office proficiency
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Apr 26, 2013, 12:48:10 PM