This position presents an opportunity to participate in a growth oriented company and to gain exposure and understanding of the energy industry as a Finance Business partner to the Vice President of one of our four Operating Centers. This role is ideally suited to a high capability, career oriented finance leader seeking a challenging growth opportunity.
- Manage a team of Financial Analysts who will also support the Operating Center. Responsibilities include annual objective setting, managing workload across team members, and periodic review of progress vs. goal, annual performance assessment, technical training and career development.
- Lead the budgets and monthly forecast process for annual capital expenditure, major maintenance projects and operating expenses for the Operating Centre.
- Consolidate, monitor and report on the 20 year sustainable capital expenditure program for the Operating Centre.
- Monitor and report on estimated cost to complete and cash flow projections for capital and major maintenance projects.
- Lead the review of YTD/MTD performance and YTGo forecast of the Operating Center and prepare variance analysis to explain deviations and gaps vs. plan/PYR. Work with the Vice President of the Operating Center and regional Director BPA (Business Planning & Analysis) on gap remediation.
- Ensure IRFs (Investment Request Forms) for capital and major repair projects are prepared, reviewed and properly approved.
- Keep an oversight of Property Taxes & leases payments for the Operating Centre to ensure timely & accurate disbursement. Support Land Director on assessment revaluation effort with local county/city/state organizations.
- Own the preparation of disclosures and analysis coming from the Operating Centers on components of quarterly lender reporting.
- Review Project Close-out proposals, detailing capitalization of CWIP to depreciating assets and asset disposal proposals for accounting teams.
- Lead the review of monthly and quarterly financial results and management reports for the Operating Center with the management of the Operating Center and the Region.
- Support the Operations management on cost control, performance monitoring, productivity initiative tracking, management of OM&A and Capex relating costing.
- Provide financial decision & commercial analysis support to the Operating Center Vice President, Director of Operation and Director of Asset Management. Enable the Operating Center team to communicate the analysis and outcomes to Regional COO.
- Support the Director BPA of the Region in various related activities and special projects as required.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or a related discipline. Accounting or finance designation or a MBA will be an advantage
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- Ability to manage small teams, develop talent and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment; open minded and flexibility in adapting to change
- Ability to communicate and deploy financial concepts within a non-financial peer-group
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Solid abilities in working with Excel
- Knowledge & experience of working on IFS ERP platform and IFRS accounting standards will be an advantage
Brookfield Renewable Power - 10 months ago
To Brookfield Asset Management, generating money comes naturally. The company has approximately $150 billion in assets under management,...