As a Manager of Business Solution Architecture, you will play a lead role to conduct solution analysis between our strategic business teams and Clinical System Delivery (CSD) domain leaders. The BSA Manager will meet regularly with leads to serve as a key resource on complex or critical issues, develop innovative approaches, and serve as a leader/mentor. In program/project teams, you will work to or help lead collective groups identify requirements, analyze and document solution options that satisfy those requirements, and ultimately gain consensus on a strategic technology solution and roadmap to be implemented. The BSA Manager will make individual contributions as well as manage the work of staff-level BSAs who have either a direct HR or matrixed relationship, ultimately responsible for the collective quality of work outputs. The BSA Manager will track programs and projects through detailed design, development and testing to ensure the successful deployment of the solution and roadmap.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Impact of work is most often at the team level
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them. Customers to the BSA team include Senior Leadership, Application Owners, EMPO, Enterprise leaders, and Business leads. Work within teams of Capability, Program, and Project Managers to define system scope and objectives through research, fact-finding, and business requirements review.
- Manage, hire, train, coach/mentor, and maintain staff-level BSAs with responsibility of the quality of their work as well as professional development and HR responsibilities. Serves as a leader/ mentor. Motivates and inspires other team members. May lead functional or segment teams or projects.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure successful task completion within BSA Clinical Domain. Coordinates work activities with other supervisors and team leads. Develops plans to meet short term objectives that incrementally achieve long term goals.
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan.
- Collaborate with customer and technology teams using approved SDLC processes.
- Perform data analysis using data requirements to provide standard structure and definitions across the Clinical enterprise. Map data and process requirements across the Clinical and UHG enterprise.
- Provide guidance on ways to standardize process flows across Clinical Domain to business partners where process steps impact applications. Authorize deviations from standards.
- Negotiate, resolve, and prioritize complex issues and discrepancies-of-opinion by user groups. Develops innovative approaches.
- Create Solution Summary Document with High-level Milestones and Solution Design. Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for Improvement.
- Forecasts and plans resource requirements. Lead / facilitate the creation of estimates.
- Maintain an overall platform capability roadmap for relevant components/capabilities.
- Work with other capability owners to identify similar project objects to build reusable development outputs.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in business analysis, systems analysis, data analysis, software design, software project management, or a combination of roles within the SDLC lifecycle.
- Minimum of 5 years experience streamlining and standardizing business processes.
- Minimum of 2 years knowledge and understanding of software architecture, technologies, IT systems, and infrastructure.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with designing and architecting solutions
- Leading peer(s) through a full SDLC lifecycle or mentoring one or more people.
- Healthcare industry experience
- Bachelorâ€™s degree
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
- Previous staff management experience
- Previously involvement in development and deployment of a consumer or clinician-facing application
- Exposure to high-profile projects with multiple system integrations
- Masterâ€™s Degree
Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 9 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...