Manager, CSG Client Billing (Job Number: 014104) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The Manager, CSG Client Billing is responsible for interfacing regularly with both internal clients (accounting, financial analysis, technology and operations) as well as external clients. Manages the Client Billing revenue cycle of the company and applies principles for accounting to analyze revenue cycle accounting data in order to prepare Client invoices timely, accurately and in accordance with client contracts. Improves processes driven by analytics on operating metrics. Manages, develops and controls departmental expenditures against the expense budget.
- Develops and maintains the Client Billing System (currently there is no system in place and the G/L does not have an A/R module).
- Manages the Client Billing Revenue Cycle of the company, which entails the billing of client sites on a monthly basis.
- Reports metrics of billing and cash management/AR functions on monthly basis to Controller and Business Unit Executive Team.
- Interacts with regional and field level personnel on a weekly basis (ad hoc requests, etc.). Leads the Client Billing A/R function, client collections and cash management. Develops & maintains a strong working relationship with the Accounting, Finance and Operations teams.
- Manages the development of invoices using various sources as required by contract. Explains billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Establishes, maintains, and coordinates the implementation of Client Billing revenue cycle accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Recommends, develops and maintains revenue cycle financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems. Manages the input and handling of Client Billing revenue cycle financial data and reports for the company's automated financial systems.
- Reviews client contract language as pertains to the accounting function, for example: budgets, costing analysis, profit margins, Billing, AR Language—net terms. Manages, develops and controls departmental expenditures against the expense budget.
- Compiles and analyzes Client Billing revenue cycle financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and documents business transactions and gross margin financial stats for client site locations across the U.S.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of partner invoices with internal documentation as required by contract.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience working in Accounting.
- Experience applying knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience in accounting areas, including revenue recognition, matching, deferrals and accruals, etc.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- College degree in Business/Accounting/Finance.
- CPA (Certified Public Account) as granted by the state of practice.
- Experience applying the knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains or Oracle Financial Systems.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with process improvement.
Walgreens - 5 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every...