The primary role is to support efforts to identify and develop new products and services related to exchange-traded and over-the-counter (OTC) markets for livestock, dairy and weather products; maintain viability of current product offerings; and provide insight into the changing economic and related policy landscape for these products
A Manager within the Commodity Research & Product Development (R&PD) Department works per the direction of the Managing Director, Commodity R&PD. The primary role is to support efforts to identify and develop new product and services opportunities related to the exchange traded and over-the-counter (OTC) markets for livestock, dairy and weather products; maintain viability of current product offerings; and provide insight into the changing economic and related policy landscape for these products. This individual will also work to author research on CME Group’s livestock, dairy and weather products and develop industry expertise in this product area.
Research, design, and develop new products for the livestock, dairy and weather complex with the objective of expanding this complex beyond its traditional markets.
Analyze existing contract performance in light of changing external conditions, changing user demands, and competing products and services.
Research and identify new revenue opportunities with regards to product offerings or clearing services in the OTC market for livestock, dairy and weather.
Actively solicit feedback from industry participants through various means including trade calls, surveys, industry events, trade shows and conferences to stay abreast of changing demands and market needs and report back intelligence gathered to all stakeholders in a systematic fashion.
Help prepare regulatory submissions related to product launches and product maintenance and assist in evaluating policy positions related to market regulation.
Develop new products into viable, working markets by coordinating internally with Products & Services, product marketing, regulatory, operational staff, Corporate Communications, Clearing and IT.
Maintain viability of existing products by monitoring market trends, identifying areas to improve or expand the company’s OTC product line, and pursuing necessary product and rule modifications where required.
Prepare and deliver presentations on CME Group livestock, dairy and weather products.
- 3- 5years experience with livestock, dairy and weather commodities products.
- Experience with forward contracts, OTC or exchange traded commercial instruments, resulting in physical delivery or financial settlement of commodity products is preferred.
- Experience with economic analysis and writing position papers for senior management, media and external customers that show a command of subject matter on commerce and risk management in livestock, dairy and weather markets is required.
- Expected training in economic and quantitative analysis necessary to conduct relevant analysis of new and existing commodity cash and futures markets.
Minimum of a Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree preferred. Economics or agricultural economics focus is preferred
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
CME Group - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard