Education/Training: BA/BS in Accounting required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Provides leadership to staff to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of financial information in accordance with established deadlines.
- Responsibility for overseeing the month end close process. Analyze results to budget, including variance explanations. Responsibility includes oversight of the total company close status with updates to management, detail review of Rosemont Head Office areas and preparation of summary results schedules for management.
- Maintains technical expertise and stay apprised of new US GAAP, SEC and IFRS requirements. Ensure accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls are followed.
- Oversight for all technical accounting transactions (i.e. business acquisitions, revenue recognition, self insurance liability estimates, tangible and intangible asset impairments, restructuring, lease accounting, refinancing and/or capital transactions) Serves as liaison to the National Service Center, division finance and other corporate finance functions in research and resolution of accounting issues
- Performs various reviews of financial reporting control procedures to ensure compliance with the Company's internal control framework, including review of complex balance sheet accounts and related issues
- Acts as subject matter expert on applicable accounting processes for various company initiatives, as well as champion of internal controls and process improvements.
- Acts as point of contact for auditors (internal and external) and other third parties. Ensure that all required documentation requested by the auditors in support of audits and reviews is accurate and provided in a timely manner.
- Hires and develops staff appropriately. Actively encourages and provides career development opportunities for employees. Participates in establishing department and individual goals and provides timely feedback on performance.
- Assist Financial Planning group with annual budget preparation as applicable for accounting related matters.
Related Experience: Must possess minimum of 8 years of progressive finance and accounting experience and a minimum of 3 years management and supervisory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Self motivated. Ability to effectively interact with cross-functional groups in multiple geographic locations. Strong attention to detail. Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment. Thorough knowledge of GAAP, SEC and Sarbanes Oxley compliance requirements. Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel. People Soft Financials experience preferred.
Additional Information: Travel Percentage: 10%
Monster - 13 months ago