Hilton Worldwide - Shared Services Center
755 Crossover Lane
The Manager, Corporate Sales Tax, is responsible to see that Hilton corporate and Hilton''s affiliated companies are in compliance with state and local sales, use and business license tax laws.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its ten global brands, which include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world and know how to offer an exceptional hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member.
What will I be doing?
You are specifically responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Research and respond to requests for tax information by internal customers and taxing authorities, resolving compliance issues with taxing authorities.
Draft preliminary tax policies and procedures for corporate locations.
- Perform tax research on special projects including new business for corporate locations advising all parties as required or as required for hotel operations.
- Coordinate corporate sales, use and business license tax audits communicating issues and audit findings to Audit Manager. Represent the company in audits and provide information and documentation as needed and dispute audits when necessary.
- Directs implementation, enhancement and maintenance for departmental systems and software to include the custom designed computerized tax return system working closely with IT to fully explain department needs. Also responsible for training and retraining departmental team members on the systems and software.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Assist Senior Direct with review of language in Hilton contracts including IT agreements.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions
- Four (4) year college degree
- Minimum of six (6) years general ledger accounting experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years state sales and use tax experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Ability to travel as required.
Six (6) years multi-state sales and use tax experience.
What benefits will I receive?
- Lodging and related (i.e. Tel/Com, Liquor) tax experience.
- Hospitality industry experience.
- State tax auditing experience.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- CMI (Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation)
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-team team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
Accounting and Finance and Tax
Hilton - 20 months ago
Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a private...