Take the opportunity to work with one of America's best-loved and well-recognized brand icons. With annual sales exceeding $1 billion, eight manufacturing facilities across the country, and 5,000 employees committed to excellence, Pepperidge Farm® makes careers rise like fresh bread in a hot oven.
We are the nation's quality and good-taste leader in premium baked goods, from crunchy Goldfish® crackers to decadent Milano cookies, from savory Swirl breads to zesty Texas Toast.
This position, which reports to the Plant Controller, is responsible for managing financial and tactical objectives to meet plant performance targets through financial cost analyses and plant floor studies. Responsible for cost analysis, cost studies, and accounting functions in a standard cost environment, as well as internal reporting and related financial cost records. Oversees all cost accounting reporting. Provides value-added cost analysis, cost savings, plant spending, and post-project audits. Assists with Annual Operating Plan (AOP), strategic finance planning, forecasting, auditing, and reconciliations. Prepares statements according to GAAP and SOX. Partners with multiple, cross-functional team members at both at the corporate and plant levels.
- Responsible for internal management reporting, cost management, and supporting analysis, including:
a. Product processing yield analysis
b. Direct labor analysis
c. Raw material yield (inventory adjustments) analysis
d. Root cause failure analysis
e. Preparation of capital project justifications and sensitivity analysis
f. Automated reporting and analysis using advanced Excel and Access tools, such as pivot tables and queries.
- Responsible for cost models and product pricing studies and new item set-ups.
- Responsible for spending and variance analyses.
- Responsible for timely and accurate closings.
- Responsible for internal controls, financial control documentation and testing, and supporting audits. Ensures that items are correctly classified and statements prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX).
- Data management: supports SAP processes and system development.
- Assists in the analytical and/or strategic function, including the development of budgeting, planning, and forecasting:
a. Ability to manage function, allocate resources, set priorities, and coordinate many interdependent groups.
b. Involves varied tasks requiring advance problem solving skills.
c. Conceives ideas for problem resolution (e.g., supports cost improvement teams).
d. Assesses feasibility of proposed solutions and participates in the resolution of issues.
e. Resolves conflict problems escalated by associates.
- Must interpret complex financial data and present results to all levels of management in a clear and concise format.
- Translates detailed SAP information and utilizes advanced spreadsheet reporting tools to enhance and simplify analysis.
- Ensures financial activities are properly classified and coded to the correct accounts within the organization's general ledger, in accordance with GAAP and SOX.
- Ensures that sufficient internal controls and procedures are in place and being followed to protect the plant’s assets (including, but not limited to: authorizations, master file control, transaction processing, etc.).
- Ensures reconciliation of all inventory accounts and oversees monitoring of cycle and annual physical inventory counts.
- Investigates variances that arise from financial activity, determines causes, and resolves discrepancies to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and analysis.
- Performs business unit allocations to accurately develop manufacturing standard costs.
- Provides guidance to management on use of information/reports. Answers questions regarding variances from budget, relationship between revenue levels and expense, cost to perform various activities, financial forecasts, etc.
- Oversees daily management and analysis of cost accounting and internal policies and procedures, as well as SOX compliance.
- Ensures that reconciliation of plant's cost accounting activities are kept up to date and that needed corrective actions are undertaken.
- Assists Plant Controller in the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and interim forecasts, ensuring that proper instructions and historical data are furnished.
- Oversees all cost accounting and financial analysis reporting; monitors all relevant key performance indicators and reviews rate, volume, mix, efficiency, spending, and usage variances.
- Manages the career development of direct reports, reviews performance, and provides coaching and counseling.
- Must be able to create, manage, and extract database pivot tables, queries, and SAP tables using the financial system.
- Champions realization of shared values in day-to-day business practices.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Minimum education required: B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance
- Education desired: CPA, CMA, Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of management experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally with manufacturing experience in a SAP environment. (Prior experience in food manufacturing or other consumer product industry is preferred.
- Strong technical and analytical skills in accounting and finance. Excellent financial reporting and forecasting abilities with high-level database and change management skills.
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Excellent Microsoft Excel and Access skills required. SAP experience is essential; Kronos knowledge is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of internal control and accounting practices, including budgeting, costing, general ledger, fixed assets, etc.
- Strong attention to detail. Must responsibly question and challenge financial information and data, rather than accepting it at face value.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Results oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and a self- starter.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Must possess strong training/facilitation skills.
The working environment includes both office and plant floor settings. Exposure to industrial noise, forklift traffic, moving mechanical parts, and temperature extremes occurs in operating areas of the plant.
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated - 11 months ago