Under general supervision of the Director Safety, Health and Environmental, the Manager DOT Pipeline Compliance will contribute to the success of the EH&S Department. Responsible for Maintaining, Developing and Implementing the Company’s DOT pipeline safety programs to prevent injuries and ensure compliance with all pertinent DOT pipeline safety regulations through daily interaction with managers, supervisors and employees,
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct DOT Pipeline Safety Training.
- Coordinate and assure all affected employees are OQ trained per DOT requirements.
- Maintain and update the Hiland Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Pipeline Safety Programs for gas and liquid.
- Maintain and update the Hiland OQ employee training program.
- Maintain and update the Hiland DOT Emergency Response manual.
- Coordinate with HR the implementation and compliance with the Hiland DOT Drug and Alcohol program.
- Perform “Job Hazard Analysis” and develop equipment specific safety training.
- Participate in accident investigations and document root cause and action items.
- Conduct annual DOT Compliance inspections at all regulated facilities.
- Conduct Emergency Response Drills at affected locations.
- Develop and maintain DOT Compliance Assurance Plans (CAP) for the operation of gas and liquid pipelines.
- File required reports with regulatory agencies and maintain the NPMS.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of DOT pipeline experience in operation of gas and liquid pipelines (gas processing knowledge a plus).
- Thorough knowledge of DOT 192 and 195 pipeline safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of NFPA and ANSI standards.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate analytical, organizational, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Experienced in conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Able to take the initiative to exercise reason, discretion and independent judgment when interacting with various individuals and situations.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Oriented toward team success and willing to accept a variety of assignments as necessary to achieve results.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.