- Manage daily activities of the Data Center Operations (DCO) support staff that covers 24 x 7. Ensure staff scheduling supports customer demands. These duties include, but not limited to, performance management and reporting, delegation of work, conflict resolution, training/mentoring, hiring/promotional/discipline recommendations and other such related duties.
- Manage DCO Service Now work queues for changes, tasks and problems, assign to staff. Train, implement, and enforce the use of SunGard’s operational processes in areas such as, but not limited to, customer implementation and support, emergency procedures, and troubleshooting.
- Work with IPM’s on new customer implementations. Ensures that SunGard’s product implementations are conducted in accordance with standard procedures and meet our stringent Service Level Agreements. Requires an in-depth knowledge of SunGard’s product suite and contracts.
- Customer Support: Requires direct customer contact from the sales process throughout ongoing operational support to include the direct handling of customer inquiries or concerns. Provide sales with data center tours for existing customers and new prospects.
- Work with DCO Director and Facilities team on customer space and other physical planning requirements. Coordinate monitoring, maintenance, and repair of the facility and its critical support systems.
- Enhance and/or develop Managed Services operational procedures. Understand and coordinate the monthly collection of various metrics for analysis.
- Qualifications / Skills Required
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to delegate effectively.
- Prefer 3-4 years (or equivalent) hands-on experience in leading/managing personnel in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Technical aptitude highly preferred.
- Facilities experience required.
- Previous budgetary and cost management experience preferred.
- Previous experience in the hiring process and employee team building.
- 4 year College degree highly preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- This position has direct management responsibility over approximately 8 -14 personnel.
Sungard AS - 13 months ago
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...