The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Manage a staff of advanced analytics consultants to deliver data analytics, forecasting & optimization solutions. Provide mentoring and training to junior consultants. Work with project teams to ensure successful implementation of science solutions to include all phases of project: requirements gathering, design, implementation, quality assurance, and maintenance. Assess, design, and develop appropriate forecasting, simulation and optimization models to solve revenue management and pricing problems. Identify revenue and profit opportunities through data analysis and research. Develop tools to measure effectiveness of revenue management and pricing practices. Provide science calibration support for revenue management and pricing models. Identify and apply best practices in the field of operations research. Act as science consultant to all business units within the Walt Disney Company
- Minimum 5 years industry experience applying optimization techniques and knowledge
- Strong mathematical modeling skills. Knowledge in optimization techniques such as linear programming, non-linear programming, and dynamic programming. Knowledge in forecasting techniques such as time-series, regression analysis, and Bayesian
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with optimization, forecasting, and statistical applications
- Working knowledge of one or more computer programming language such as SAS, Visual Basic, C/C ++, Java
- Ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong partnering and influencing skills
- Demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new business problems, science, software applications and tools
Previous work experience in revenue management and pricing
Ph.D. in Operations Research or equivalent
Master’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
Disney - 23 months ago