Manager, Design Partner and Planners (Job Number: 010244) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Our Design Partner and Planners Manager leads a team of designers to partner with business unit innovation teams and/or with Program teams to support the design solution requirements for that partner. Develops a team of design partners skilled at complex, conceptual design development & pilot execution skills. Ensures a culture of client relationship management while also ensuring consistent alignment among all businesses and with corporate design strategies.
This role also:
- Performs all aspects of conceptual design, including space planning, exterior building design, specification of finished materials, décor and custom designs that provide design guidance to internal Business Unit or Program partners. Manages design challenges and solutions.
- Produces creative and innovative design environments.
- Works cross-functionally to assure designs are within budget and best represent the brand identity.
- Collaborates with Design Project Managers.
- Elevates, maintains, and is accountable for quality of work and timeliness of delivery across one or more design projects.
- Manages relationship between internal clients. Serves as a point of understanding between the Design Partners and business. Presents work product and ideas to internal/external partners and executive team.
- Works with peers and executive management to establish and execute on project vision.
- Coordinates creative solutions across multiple departments and areas of expertise.
- Develops team of Design Partners within a client service/relationship culture through coaching, training, establishment of objectives, and constructive feedback. Directs, coordinates, and controls the activities, plans, and programs of department employees.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 years of interior store planning design experience.
- Knowledge of the design process.
- Experience developing interiors and exteriors
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 3 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree / MBA
- Architectural licensure as granted by the proper certifying agency
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...