Manager Development Operations
This leadership position oversees systems engineering and development operations for a fast-growing SaaS product. This role is responsible for management of IT operations, managing a team of employees, and driving the movement towards infrastructure-as-code and migration to the public cloud.
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
1. Manage the production environments, co-lo locations, and shared development/testing environments
2. Manage the team of systems engineers for both IT and Development operations. 3. Drive project and operations work for the teams to further productivity for the group.
4. Lead the movement towards full infrastructure-as-code model for our SaaS products
5. Maximize service uptimes and oversee incident identification and response in accordance with product SLAs
6. Oversee vendor and service relationships for IT hosting hardware, software, and services.
7. Business / Product Strategy: stay up to date with business/product direction in order to anticipate long lead-time technology needs.
8. Research and understand where new technology / innovation might solve upcoming business problems
9. Other duties as assigned
LexisNexis Business of Law Software Solutions helps professionals at law firms and legal departments of all sizes manage the business element of their practice with innovative software and mobile solutions for customer relationship management, competitive intelligence gathering and assessment, time and billing management, matter management, legal holds and more.
Our industry-leading portfolio of legal software solutions includes LexisNexis® CounselLink®, LexisNexis Firm Manager®, LexisNexis® InterAction®, LexisNexis® Juris®, LexisNexis® PCLaw®, and LexisNexis® Time Matters®.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Quarterly 401K Match
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Two Paid Volunteer Days
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
1. 5 years of experience in managing IT operations or Development operations
2. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Mathematics or related area
3. 7 years of demonstrable systems engineering/administration skills
4. Advanced level of experience on Linus/Unix platforms
5. Excellent knowledge of Hypervisors, Storage, Network connectivity, and load balancing
6. Deep experience with managing high-volume SaaS applications
7. Strong background in application monitoring
8. Experience with Unix/Linux system administration
9. Experience with VMware ESXi
10. Solid background in supporting Multi-Data Center Disaster Recovery
11. Experience with automation of provisioning and configuration of IT infrastructure
12. Experience with provisioning and managing environments using public cloud infrastructure (e.g AWS)
13. Experience with both .Net and Java platforms
14. Experience with IT hosting security and compliance certifications and their associated processes
15. Strong verbal and written communication skills
This position is part of the LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Technology Organization (GTO), which is responsible for the Legal & Professional global technology strategy, bringing together the company’s applications, product platforms and business systems to deliver LexisNexis world-class content to its customers in innovative ways. GTO is working to transform LexisNexis to leverage technology and processes globally, support new products/ services, and improve the customer experience through effective and efficient delivery of business architecture and strategy.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (
) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LexisNexis - 5 months ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...