Manager Development and Support
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Job ID #: 21601
Functional Area: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time Exempt
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 8 years
Days and Hours: Monday - Friday
Physical Address: 100 E. Tryon Road, Raleigh, NC 27603
Department Name: Information Technology
First Citizens Bank is one of the top financial services providers in the nation, recognized and awarded for our customer satisfaction, sustainable profitability, and overall stability and security. Our associates make First Citizens Bank a great place for our clients to do business. Those who grow, achieve and succeed with First Citizens Bank are those who share our core values of integrity, service excellence and stability.
The Manager of Development and Support plays a key role in our IT organization by managing and assisting with the systems development lifecycle for various existing and new software applications. This manager should lead his/her direct reports and their teams to success by fostering an environment that is innovative, collaborative, and dedicated to meeting the goals of the team and the Bank as a whole.
- Work closely with business partners to identify needs, and define and prioritize system enhancements
- Ensure the reliability of deployed solutions by designing reliable solutions, troubleshooting problems, and engaging the appropriate people to solve problems
- Manage a staff of team leaders, developers, and systems analysts to meet business needs
- Build strong relationships with business partners, vendors, team members, and peers
- Drive for results by employing a successful management philosophy and style
First Citizens Bank has a number of exciting initiatives in the works, and having the right IT management in place is critical. By joining our company now, you’ll have the opportunity to make your mark with us.
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 8 years in Information Technology, and a minimum of 4 years in application development and support roles, and 2 years of supervisory/management experience
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 12 years in Information Technology, and a minimum of 6 years in application development support roles, and 2 years in supervisory/management experience
- Possess extensive knowledge of Information Technology as it relates to managing development – principles and practices
- Working knowledge of at least one SDLC and familiarity with at least one development language/framework
- Possess experience and effectiveness in direct management of a staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating and making decisions
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities
- Effective negotiation skills
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- Banking or financial services industry experience