Title: Manager, Discovery Buyer Adoption
Location: Atlanta, GA or Pittsburgh, PA
Ariba, an SAP Company makes business commerce as easy as consumer commerce.
Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba Network – a cloud-based community where you will find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal. We also host other online communities where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook.
Ariba Discovery is a comprehensive web-based service that helps buyers and suppliers find each other quickly and efficiently for new business opportunities across a broad range of industries and categories.
T he Ariba Manager, Discovery Adoption is charged with leading a team of customer focused delivery consultants charged with helping to drive the awareness and adoption of the Discovery solution. The role and responsibilities for this position include managing team, driving product awareness and subject matter expertise internally and externally, senior account relationship management, managing processes, reporting and attainment. As the Manager, Discovery Adoption Team, the objective of this role is to manage and assist the team in increase the number of buyer postings (opportunities) on the Ariba Discovery Network and ensure that buyers have a positive experience when using Discovery. The ideal candidate will have experience managing teams, and demonstrated the skills / capabilities to work directly with larger, global companies. Core to this role are strong management and analytical capabilities, strong written and verbal communication skills, flexibility, exceptional problem solving skills, structured as well as innovative thinking and the ability to work within the various global delivery teams to provide the customer with world-class service on a consistent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages team member utilization, goals, conducts yearly and quarterly reviews. Oversees all recruitment and onboarding of new team members according to capacity plan and budget
- Coordinates and assists Customer Management Organization, Services Sales and field sales personnel, in the development of plans to leverage Ariba Discovery
- Manages customer satisfaction issues and directly works with customers for Discovery inquiries and recommendations
- Ensures consistent methods and tools for measuring quality of team engagements with customers, deliverables, customer satisfaction, KPIs and program impacts
- Ensures implementation of engagement standards, methods and reporting across regions, working with local teams as appropriate
- Responsible for driving adoption of Discovery and the team within selected accounts, communicating, demonstrations, site visits and managing relationship and needs
- Responsible for driving (personal and teams) Discovery Posting volumes within selected accounts and managing to results
- Manages and assists with communication internal Ariba Discovery teams about new enhancements and upcoming releases
- Act as subject matter expert for Ariba Discovery, and drive messaging, demonstrations for both internal and external audiences
- Leads and partners with internal and external resources to maximize customer impact
- Build and update reports to gauge customer adoption and build future adoption forecasts
- Ability to work both independently and effectively with various teams across the organization to help deliver effective customer communications to drive increased adoption
- Minimum 5-8+ years in the technology industry or a technology services department
- Strong analytical skills, and structured thinking and problem solving capability
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills a must
- Experience in a management role within technology company in delivery, services or sales
- Experience in managing a team to sales or related business targets / goals
- Work in a similar industry or industry sector, with a developed expertise
- Proven track record managing at least a service delivery function.
- Experienced developing and implementing business programs, strategies, and process
- Experienced working and managing across functional and cross company teams
- Experienced people manager
- Complete fluency in English required. Other language skills welcome, but not required
- Ability to travel avg of 20% per month or occasionally up to 50% during peak business periods
- Bachelors/University Degree (Supply Chain/Business preferred)
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.