Under the supervision of the Director of the Electronic Health Records, the Manager EHRTraining has overall responsibility for the training program of assigned Epic Applications. This Manager oversees the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of the Epic Training program ensuring efficient and effective training delivery to the end-user community for the implementation of Epic systems and future education.
The successful candidate will be an astute manager that can implement and maintain processes that ensure business unit customers are able to deliver and receive and effective training program; a skilled relationship manager who diplomatically handles clinical customer relationships with IT ensuring that the team is delivering required outcomes as well as serving as expert advisors in informatics and technology; a perpetual student of HIT always seeking to learn new methods, new technologies, and new processes that will enable the business and solutions delivery; and an innovative informaticist who is constantly thinking about ways to integrate the systems and technologies in the portfolio in ways that will better serve the clinician and patient.
The Manager EHR Training will have a team that is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the training programs and database of front facing clinical applications and will be a significant contributor in developing the design of the future enterprise. The successful candidate will be able to design solutions and execute a plan to deliver such solutions. This specialist has a thorough understanding of clinical systems and industry requirements to coordinate training activities and develop curriculums. A strong knowledge of how project management, clinical informatics and software development lifecycle intersect to deliver solutions is critical.
Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in either a Healthcare related field or Business Administration is preferred.
7+ years of relevant medical technology or healthcare IT experience, including experience as a supervisor or manager. Prior training experience with one or more of the following is desired: EMR/EHR, CPOE, eRx, HIE, Physician Portal, Ancillary Systems (i.e. Pharmacy, Laboratory, etc.) or Specialty Systems (i.e. L&D, Anesthesia, OR System, etc.). Epic certification is a plus.
- Able to use a solid logical approach that produces tangible results to get things done.
- Identify key people to bring about change and understand the underlying political dynamics of work.
- Develop a network of contacts and target specific people to reach goals.
- Be aware of significant contributing factors to manage change.
- Excellent time management skills with ones’ own time and the time of direct reports.
- Prepare budgets and spend money wisely.
- Identify and fulfill staffing needs.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor, guide and motivate direct reports through demonstration of best practices. Capable of supervising all aspects of day-to-day operations and support.
- Possess knowledge of patient care, laboratory or other clinical systems and workflows. An in-depth understanding of the Epic software and BMC workflows preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical workflow with demonstrated ability to incorporate that knowledge into design and implementation of applications.
- Ability to produce training materials and update web content.
- Able to identify problems, report them to the appropriate parties, offer possible solutions, and able to independently and/or collaboratively bring problems to complete resolution.
- Provide quality customer service and serve as an exemplary representative of Information Systems. On-going communication, feedback and follow-through with customers/peers are essential.
- Negotiate and acquire resources as necessary to appropriately schedule training session with minimal impact to patient care.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts.
- Identify own areas of opportunity and set and monitor self-development goals.
- A self-starter able to set priorities.
- Manage workload and comfortable delivering success in a matrixes environment.
Boston Medical Center - 17 months ago