The Enterprise Solutions (ES) division of CME Group is responsible for planning and executing projects and programs in support of the exchange’s strategic objectives.
Position: Manager of EPG Delivery Efficiency
The Manager of EPG Delivery Efficiency is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Program Support Team, including staff assignment, development, and performance management; as well as operational run and improvement of efficiency analytic capabilities, and identification of additional project management efficiency improvement opportunities. This position will also manage delivery of prioritized continuous improvement efforts for the Enterprise Solutions Division, and may also manage some select business or IT-facing projects.
This manager reports to the Director of Enterprise Portfolio Governance (EPG).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Program Support Team Leadership
- Direct ongoing operations for the Program Support Team of analysts & coordinators.
- Appoint or approve the appointment of program support staff. May assist in recruiting and selection of project & program managers as well.
- Manage and prioritize assignment of staff to projects & programs. Work with project & program managers to ensure appropriate workload and effective use of staff.
- Work with the Manager of EPG Delivery Governance & Reporting to ensure that program/project support staff adhere to project management methodology and project office procedures, and that appropriate tracking, reporting, and communication take place.
- Coordinate formal and informal program/project management training, development, and mentoring opportunities for program support staff. May assist with Division training planning and coordination as well.
- Work with the Director of EPG and HR to develop and maintain program/project manager career progression paths, performance measurement systems, and recruitment & retention strategies.
- Evaluate program support staff to identify candidates for progression to project manager career path. Manage performance issues as necessary.
- Serve as a subject matter resource for delivery policies, procedures, methodologies, and guidelines.
- Coach and mentor program support staff. May also assist in coaching project and program managers throughout the division to promote adoption of best practices.
- Efficiency Analyses
- Direct operations of and manage improvements to the program support staffing model.
- Manage expansion and implementation of improvements for additional Enterprise Solutions Division efficiency analyses, including: project/program complexity, staff leveling & allocation, utilization modeling, etc.
- Work with the EPG-PPM team to ensure confirmation and consistent communication of new project/program approvals, changing priorities, and risks, as input into staff modeling and allocation decisions.
- Work with the Director of EPG to refine existing global sourcing strategy and identify and implement additional opportunities for improvement.
- May assist with expansion of program support model and other efficiency improvements & practices across the enterprise.
- Project Management
- Accountable for successful delivery of internal ES continuous improvement projects, and for managing the ES continuous improvement program.
- May also manage select business or IT-facing projects as well.
Background, Experience, and Education:
- Strong leadership, facilitation, negotiation, mentoring, and personnel management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of project management principles, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of and experience in organizational change management, talent management, and succession planning.
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and resolve conflict.
- Ability to express complex concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to diverse groups of people.
- Knowledge of company’s industry.
- Interest in helping to administer departmental goals and objectives.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- College degree in business or related discipline; plus minimum two years of experience in company’s industry.
- Background in project management with minimum three to five years of experience managing large, complex programs/projects.
- Experience managing a team of project support staff (i.e. PMO), with direct accountability for staff development and performance management.
- Experience in process maturity and continuous improvement roadmap analysis.
- Background in organizational change management, effectiveness, and development.
- Management consulting experience preferred.
- Project Management training and certification(s)
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
CME Group - 23 months ago