Job Category: Human Resources, Management
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
To promote positive employee relations practices in the field through the guidance of field management. Provide advice and service to line management and field supervisors on HR issues. Assist Corporate ER in developing HR practices/policies that promote increased productivity and quality.
1. Receive, investigate and respond to employee complaints and interrogatories from outside parties including the EEOC, State Departments of Labor, State Human Rights Commissions and attorneys.
2. Oversee compliance with State and Federal employment laws. Recommend strategies and assist in the implementation of newly enacted laws. Develop systems to monitor and ensure compliance.
3. Collaborate with representatives from Legal. Loss Prevention, Operations Services, Human Resources and the field to develop and promote positive employee relations practices, policies, and procedures.
4. Assist the corporate ER managers in implementing ER programs/practices and transferring critical HR skills to line managers.
5. Provide consulting and coaching services on key employment issues to field management.
6. Assist in the resolution of sensitive matters including, but not limited to: discrimination, harassment, coaching and counseling, performance documentation, discipline and discharge, reductions in force. Ensure employee privacy rights are maintained.
7. Develop recommendations/strategies to enhance positive employee relations processes in the field. Conduct research, consult with internal and external resources in benchmarking HR practices.
8. Assist in coordinating and facilitating attitude survey/feedback related activities in the field.
• This position is located in the field, with one in each of the four major markets (Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D. C.) and reports to the Director, Employee/Labor Relations.
• The Employee Relations area is responsible for promoting a positive working environment, responding to employee problems, and providing guidance to management. As an integral part of the Employee Relations area, the Field ER Manager deals directly with field management and employees to enhance this overall working relationship.
• The Field Employee Relations Manager works in the field directly with Store Managers, District Managers, and Region Managers to provide consulting and coaching services regarding all aspects of employee relations with the goal of transferring critical ER/HR skills to line managers. This position is responsible for handling the resolution of sensitive matters (discrimination, harassment, etc.) in collaboration with field management and home office support staff.
• This position will receive, investigate, and respond to third party inquiries (EEOC, DOL, attorneys, etc.) in collaboration with Legal and other support areas. Also responsible for overseeing compliance with Federal State, and local employment laws.
• This position will work with representatives from Legal, Loss Prevention, Operations Service, Human Resources, and field management to develop recommendations and strategies which will: enhance positive employee relations; assist with the development and rollout of new programs/practices/laws; monitor and ensure compliance with programs/policies/procedures/law, etc.
• This position has no direct reports.
• Challenges for this position include effective coordination and communication with the home office and field management to receive, investigate/negotiate, and resolve a wide array of employee relations issues. Often these issues are of a sensitive and/or legal nature, and multiple issues run concurrently. Additionally, the main support staff is located in the home office, and the areas this position is responsible for covers several states and company regions.
• He Field Employee Relations Manager has a great deal of discretion in handling and resolving the ER issues that arise. High-level or sensitive issues are handled in conjunction with the Director or Manager in ER.
• This position interacts primarily with Store Managers, District Managers, Region Managers and the home office ER department. Regular contact is kept with Legal. Loss Prevention, AVPs, Operations Services, other areas in HR, and with outside attorneys and government agencies.
• The effectiveness of this position can be measured through decreased third party complaints, decreased adverse findings by outside agencies, (add more) Required Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree BA/BS required; degree in human resources or related field desirable 5+ years progressive HR experience Strong history of quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders. Proven ability to influence and coach at all levels of the organization. Proven ability to contribute to the design and implementation of HR strategies, programs, and processes in support of the overall business strategy. Working knowledge of employment law and general HR business programs Strong communication and presentation skills Effective organization and planning skills as well as solid analytical, quantitative and problemsolving skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Ability to quickly learn and understand the drivers to business performance Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) Work Location: 1. Varied travel to store locations and business offices in Area 3. 2. Preference is for local candidate. Relocation may be available for candidates outside the market area. Preferred Qualifications:
Master's degree; Labor experience. Education:
Bachelor's degree BA/BS required; degree in human resources or related field desirable. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.