The general responsibility of the successful candidate will be the management and directing of all Capital Equipment orders from order entry thru shipment, including, but not limited to Project Management, Mechanical Engineering Design, Document Control, Vessel Customer Service and Drafting. This critical role must work cross functionally and in support of the Capital Equipment bookings and sales budgets for the PECOFacet domestic and inter-company Capital Equipment and Filtration Systems.
Primary focus is to effectively ensure complete customer satisfaction through the on time delivery of quality PECOFacet Filtration / Separation Equipment and Systems designs to meet established cost estimate targets. The Manager of Engineering Services will be required to ensure effective communication and coordination with the Sales Group and PECOFacet customers in the context of understanding ASME design code requirements, supply chain capabilities and internal manufacturing processes.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and promote an aggressive and effective “customer focused” atmosphere throughout all areas of responsibility.
• Ensure all applicable standards (ASME, DOT, ABSA, etc), as required by customers, are met in the designs.
• Manage drawing package lead time and work towards reducing the lead time through process improvements.
• Knowledgeable in pressure vessel design, ASME code, natural gas midstream petrochemical process plants and reading, PFD’s & P&IDs.
• Keep current with CAD software to enhance the engineering and drafting group productivity.
• Interface with shop personnel to address fabrication issues.
• Develop a Project Management focus establishing project ownership and accountability for meeting target deadlines, managing of major deliverables and communication of project status with customers. Deliver projects on time and under budget.
• Ensure that the product quality meets or exceeds industry standards and customer expectations.
• Ensure that the product cost is less than or equal to the estimated target. This is accomplished by having a thorough understanding of ASME codes, internal and external manufacturing processes and supply chain availability.
• Manage the Engineering & Drafting groups to meet product delivery dates. This is accomplished by working cross functionally with Sales and Application Engineering to assure timely and effective project hand-offs, design submittal and return of customer required approval drawings.
• Assist with quotations and estimates as required.
• Suggest and implement improvements to quotation accuracy, appearance through improved use of technology.
• Be responsive to customer requests, providing a high level of technical customer support. Maintain PECOFacet’s number one market position as the technical leader. Ensure our customers know we appreciate their business.
• Recommend design changes. Provide recommendations for product development.
• Operate within established expense budget parameters.
• Work with the Marketing, Product Development and Engineering Groups to implement improvements to PECOFacet products and processes.
• Stay current with competitor’s products and processes. Monitor industry trends to ensure PECOFacet maintains and grows its market position as a premier supplier to the petrochemical and pipeline markets.
Minimum of 10 years
Successful, persuasive leader with Managerial skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Business process view.
In depth familiarity of all PECO products and their application, ASME Section VIII Welding and Pressure Vessels and Structural Design codes and standards.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CAD,and COMPRESS software
B.S. in Engineering.
Minimum of 15 years experience in related industry, in lieu of technical degree.
Clarcor Inc - 13 months ago
Imperial Construction Inc.
- 12 days ago