The basic purpose of the Manager Environmental Field Operations is to perform activities designed to ensure environmental compliance and environmental performance targets are attained. Incumbent conveys environmental requirements to the work force, and others, who could affect the company's ability to meet environmental requirements. Assist in the development and implementation of management system processes to improve environmental compliance and environmental performance.
This is a Band C position in the Safety department. Territory consists of multiple Service Units and 24/7 on call responsibility. The successful candidate must have qualified on the Operating Management Test Battery
This is a Band C position in the Safety department. There are two openings in this area. Successful candidates must qualifty on Operating Management Test Battery.
- Manage agreement operators and/or contractor operators for wastewater treatment plants. Manage contractors on environmental projects.
- Manage the estimating of capital projects.Direct project scope, schedule and budget within a managed capital plan, and operating expense plan. Manage assignments in the development, implementation or maintenance of the Environmental Group?s management system
- Assist in the implementation of an environmental management system by the Union Pacific Railroad.
- Maintain knowledge of assigned legal and other requirements to which the Company is subject to or subscribes. For those assignments, review and comment on emerging matters and changes in regulations.
- Maintain documentation of up to date environmental laws, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain other records supporting strategic plans, objectives and targets.
- Communicate hazardous and environmentally sensitive materials requirements to the work force and others, who could affect the company's ability to meet those requirements.
- Implement and maintain all processes developed to meet specific objectives and targets, and programs for continuous improvement in environmental performance.
- Comply with all company and departmental training requirements. Ensure that UP employees receive required environmental training.
- Recognize issues which affect compliance or misalignments with environmental and regulatory targets and objectives
- Communicate to local UP work units those environmental issues that affect their environmental performance.
- Present UP's outreach programs to the communities in which we operate. Provide programs that support local initiatives for compliance with local, state and federal requirements.
- Communicate UP's commitments to regulatory agencies to garner their support for our environmental efforts.
- Conduct periodic reviews of process and procedures used in achieving environmental objectives and targets. The goal of the reviews is continuous improvement toward goals.
- Design, implement and monitor technologies for pollution prevention and improved environmental performance
- Conduct and coordinate inspections of compliance, assessment or emerging matters. Conduct environmental audits and follow up to ensure corrective measures.
- Direct waste water treatment operations for environmental compliance, safe operating practices, and proper maintenance of equipment; through management of employees, contractors, and operating budget.
- Manage construction projects for environmental improvements.
- Administer environmental permit, plan, monitoring, and other prescribed compliance programs.
Required Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- Support Hazardous Materials Management in response and remediation of releases of environmentally sensitive materials.
- A Bachelor Degree BS/BA in Environmental Science, Engineering or Related Field
- 1 year(s) experience / knowledge in Safety
Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- 3 year(s) experience / knowledge in the environmental area
- 1 year(s) experience / knowledge of the following laws
- 3 year(s) experience / knowledge in Railroad operations
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills Complex Problem Solving, TQMS, Operations Analysis, Quality Control Analysis
- Basic financial skills Budgeting experience
- Advanced presentation skills Public speaking experience
Union Pacific Corporation (UPC) is engaged in the transportation business. The Company’s operating company, Union Pacific Railroad...