Key Role Responsibilities and Authorities
Responsible for oversight and management of construction and maintenance projects, including schedule and budget management. Supports general facilities tasks and projects as needed. Reports to Facilities Manager.
Manages CMMS (computer maintenance management system) to keep track of assets, corrective and preventive maintenance and inventory.
Maintains and updates departmental procedures, manuals, drawings, and other documentation in binders, journals and website
Manages vendor/contractor contracts, schedules, shutdown work, contractor maintenance, reviews reports
Responds to customer requests and questions.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Create and obtain budget estimates from vendors.
- Develop capital appropriation requests and provide supporting data to Finance.
- Offers professional services on assigned projects concerning design, construction, development, or installation of buildings and facilities.
- Oversees project progress, ensuring that timing, costs and contract requirements are adhered to.
- Supervises construction, equipment installation, renovation and redesigning projects.
- Works with management to review design changes, equipment specifications or substitutions, purchasing and accounting procedures.
- May require a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Supports general department tasks and initiatives by providing technical assistance as needed or directed by department manager or supervisor.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The level of regulatory knowledge and building construction experience this position requires a high level of experience and/or education. A BA/BS is preferred, but experience can substitute for this requirement. Five years of prior experience in facilities/regulatory work is the minimum requirement. A BA/BS can substitute for 2 years of experience. A BA/BS preference is to address the communication, research and analytical skills that will be required to fully succeed in the job.
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Project, Word, and Outlook required.
- Working knowledge of Mainsaver CMMS is desirable
- Highly organized
- Customer service orientation
- Adaptable and flexible.
This position requires a general ability to lift, feel, climb, stoop and kneel to conduct maintenance or repairs on buildings and equipment, but accommodations can likely be made.
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
AMOUNT OF TIME
1/3 to 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle or feel
Reach with hands and arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Talk or hear
Taste or smell
Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often? Check the appropriate boxes below.
AMOUNT OF TIME
1/3 to 2/3
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Up to 100 pounds
More than 100 pounds
How Performance Will Be Measured and Evaluated:
- Must be able to perform desk-type work for extended periods
- Must be able to efficiently use a computer for extended periods of time
- Must occasionally lift and carry equipment, packages and/or supplies
- Vision needed for computer work and assisting visitors and in-house customers
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly to interact with customers and coworkers
- This position must assess facility issues/damage and must also be able to assess the quality of work provided by contractors (plumbing, electrical, etc.)
- Periodic supervisory assessments/guidance
- Annual performance reviews
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build...