The Human Resources Manager is accountable for providing Human Resources support to all salaried and hourly employees and management through effective organizational design and execution of Human Resources strategy across the facility. Through the Human Resources team, oversees recruitment, employee development, employee/labor relations, policy/contract interpretation, compensation administration and legal compliance. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the complete Human Resource service/value chain for the facility.
Human Resources Strategy and Execution
Organizational Design and Development
- Drive the alignment and execution of key people strategies that attract, train and retain employees to support the organization’s short and long term business goals.
- Lead Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles, Organizational Alignment, and NiM.
- Manage the coordination and execution of workforce planning for the organization via HR dept.
- Ensure culture and working environment is open, empowering, fair, and equitable through thorough analysis of Human Resources scorecard data, “Nestlé and I” survey results, exit interview data, etc.
- Oversee/provide flawless execution of all Human Resources initiatives.
Delivery of HR services
- Act as a catalyst/supporter of change where appropriate.
- Pro-actively challenge the established organizational structure to drive superior performance.
- Provides alternate solutions on business issues to achieve the most effective solutions (taking into account the Nestlé principles, policies and business unit goals.
- Manage smooth organizational transitions
- Shape the culture that facilitates and supports Nestlé’s goals and initiatives, through supporting & coaching managers in their implementation of core people processes including performance management, salary review, job evaluation, identification of organizational learning needs, etc.
Performance & Talent Management
- Manage overall Human Resources service delivery to the business through the HR department.
- Ensure service levels are met/exceeded.
Employee / Labor Relations
- Utilize the performance, talent, and succession planning management systems to help drive the achievement of company goals through objective and development plan setting, performance calibration, and talent development.
- Lead talent review/talent calibration sessions to ensure high performance rewarded, poor performance handled appropriately.
- Implement business unit succession planning/talent management plans that support business goals.
- Communicate and drive all tools available that will assist individual and team performance improvement to People Managers.
- Actively seeks to improve overall performance and talent management of the organization.
- Provide counsel and guidance to Leadership on all people management and development issues.
NCE / TPM
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with and between managers, employees, and unions(where in existence).
- Establish relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Promote and foster an environment of open communication and honest, candid feedback.
- Perform investigations when required.
- Manage CBAs, union processes/procedures as required.
- Drive the NCE/TPM initiative by providing tools, techniques, and resources to align NCE/TPM goals between business and operations, drive employee engagement, and improve plant performance.
- Support safety focus by driving people related safety goals and initiatives.
- Lead the site Leadership Development Pillar, supports all employees to improve skills and effectiveness while striving to create a positive, productive environment where each associate can fully contribute.
REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL, AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA Degree level education. Prefer concentration in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Communication, or Industrial Psychology.
- Minimum 5 years HR Generalist role in a manufacturing plant or distribution center environment.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, Investigation Skills, HR technical knowledge in EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation.
- Performance management/people development experience.
- Organizational design/restructure experience.
- Project management experience.
- Employee relations/coaching experience.
- Strong experience as a change agent in organizational systems.
- Managing mediation/arbitration/grievance processes.
- Labor negotiations/union contract management.
- Master’s Degree level preferred in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Communication, or Industrial Psychology.
- 3 years experience as Human Resources Manager in a manufacturing plant or distribution center environment.
- PHR or SPHR through HRCI/SHRM certification.
- TPM implementation support experience.
Nestle USA - 7 months ago
Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible. Nestlé S.A.,...