Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
working for a company that allows you to try, to fail, to learn, to grow, and to succeed.
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be a part of it .
Moog Aircraft Group is seeking a Facility Operations Manager who will be responsible for the design, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery and facilities at our Torrance Aircraft Group Facility. We have on-site manufacturing, special process, administration, and "support" operations residing in the building and would all be within your service area.
Here’s what you’ll be working on day to day:
Here’s the skills we need you to bring with you:
- Implementing standards and policies for environmental, remediation, security, safety, and other ancillary functions pertaining to site development and management.
- Providing technical and administrative direction for all activities associated with the task of providing ongoing facility services and machine maintenance services to the Torrance Aircraft Operations Facility.
- Managing a team of employees congruent with the Moog values and culture.
- Forecasting short and long range capital and expense facility budgets.
- Managing major projects from conception through completion for new construction, utility installations and modifications. This entails the complete project management of all project phases including determination of user requirements, project organization, planning and budgeting, risk assessment, direction of in‑house / outside engineers and architects, community interface, regulatory agency approvals, permits, cost and schedule control, contractor selection, and construction supervision.
Technical Expert – BS in Engineering or Management. PE License – knowledge of California specific laws preferred. Experience running the Facilities Operations of a manufacturing environment is a must. This expertise typically cannot be gained in less than 10 years of on-the-job experience.
Outstanding communicator – You will be communicating to all levels of the organization. You must be comfortable and well versed in all forms of communication.
Multitasking Specialist – you will be responsible for multiple projects with multiple day-to-day issues. This will need to be balanced, along with the needs of your direct reports.
Excellent Problem-Solver – We simply cannot afford the time to do trial and error in problem-solving. We need you to instinctively know good solutions and work-arounds and be able to implement them on the fly.
Computer Wizardry – Excel, Power Point and Word are required to perform the tasks in this position. Microsoft Project and CAD background are highly desirable.
Personable, Professional, and Confident – Moog is a company built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect. We hire smart people and expect them to find the best ways to accomplish the goals we give them. We work in teams, and everyone’s input is valued.
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible,...