Manager Field Technical Support
· Manage a team responsible for providing on-site hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or other applications support for customers according to contractual service levels.
· Overall responsibility for planning, recruiting, developing and utilizing Mission Critical support consultants, project managers, Mission Critical support specialists, and Mission Critical Account Support Consultant (ASC)s.
· Plan, direct, and monitor highend operational / tactical activities of team.
· Set and drive team to meet business and operation targets.
· Handle cross-functional and cross-sub-region / region escalations.
· Maintain strong relationship with customers and other functional managers.
· Act as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization.
· Solve complex business/technical issues within established policies.
· Responsible to evaluate solutions and delivery effectiveness to provide a proactive environment.
· Consult on design, and delivery of Mission Critical Support Solutions.
· Recommend and lead planning activities at all levels within Account Support
· Contribute in enhancing HP’s ability to develop and deliver Mission Critical solutions.
· Develop relationships with consulting organizations and third parties to ensure their solutions include Mission Critical support services.
· Provide leadership and mentoring of the entire HP support team.
· Ability to influence different functions and sub-regions / region.
· Accountable for results of major Mission Critical programs for cost, direction, and people management.
· Functions as change agent across very large, complex and diverse enterprise accounts.
· Works closely with Sales/ Client manager and delivery account teams to grow accounts and maximize customer satisfaction Grow and build business thorough direct customer relationship, driving customer loyalty with Mission Critical services.
· Participate or lead proactive reengineering activities that provide recommendations to optimize Mission Critical support solutions.
· Manage Mission Critical delivery teams at different strategic Mission Critical customer sites.
· Responsible for managing district operations team and support revenue. Typical revenue responsibility,depending on single or multicountry scope, could exceed $30M.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Typically 5 years of related
experience in computer customer support industry with proven managerial abilities. Three years
of on site customer support, Mission Critical, systems experience desired.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Working knowledge of all Technical Services and Mission Critical support service
· Thorough working knowledge of all relevant HP Mission Critical / Proactive Services,
competition, market trends, HP organization, third parties.
· Understand Mission Critical customers' environment and business drivers to leverage new
· Capable of building and managing Mission Critical support services that are consistent with Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) management.
· Strong ability to present Mission Critical value to customers in a strategic manner.
· Skills in people and project management, planning, problem solving, innovation, analysis, communication and negotiation.
· Mission Critical and ITIL certifications.
United States-District of Columbia-Washington
HP - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...