Reporting to the Director of Claims, this position will be responsible for supporting strategies and initiatives within Supplemental Health claims operations that will positively impact profitability. This will include identification and implementation of simplified processes, supporting technology improvements, reducing claims leakage, ensuring compliance with all state regulations while keeping a strong focus on enhancing the claims experience of our customers.
* Directly manage a team of 10 to 12 claim representatives.
* Actively participate in the management of team and claim operational expenses to meet overall departmental budget.
*Responsible for claim decisions up to $250,000.
* Act in a collaborative capacity with other units in the company and team to resolve problems/issues quickly. For the Manager, it will also be to serve as technical resource to assist the team in this resolution process.
* Participate in the implementation and prioritization of claim operational strategies, policies, workflow processes and standards. Ensure effective utilization of these strategies, policies, etc.
* Develop and provide claims trending analysis
* Support all claims-related litigation
* Ensure that all customer service, quality management and audit goals are achieved.
* Assure compliance and performance standards are achieved; provide management information as necessary; and utilize all available resources in a cost effective manner.
* Support re-engineering initiatives through active involvement in one to two medium or large scale projects annually.
* Ensure that a comprehensive training program is conducted for new associates.
* Take ownership of the line of business within the department helping analyze, report and forecast on how various initiatives and trends will impact the organization.
- BS in a business related field
- 5 - 7 years insurance preferably in Supp Health; 3 - 5 years management experience of mid to large size multi-incumbent teams.
- Proven Leadership skills: Serves as a role model and puts business interests ahead of self-interests; Consistently sets clear direction by defining goals and priorities; Makes quick and correct decisions; Develops a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal integrity, ethics, and a commitment to doing the right thing; Energizes others to commit to achieving the highest standards; Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages everyone to act in the best interest of the company
- Experience evaluating, revising and maintaining production goals, unit costing, turnaround time, accuracy to industry standards.
- Experience in improving the Customer, Agent and Provider Experience
- Expertise, experience and ability to work in a highly regulated environment for specific products
- Experience in automating and/or reengineering manual claim processes.
- Claim Technology expertise and workflow management
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Highly developed quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Leading, motivating, cultural change and transformation
- Project management discipline and expertise preferred
CNO Financial Group, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job
CNO Financial Group, Inc., formerly Conseco, Inc., is the holding company for a group of insurance companies operating throughout the United...