TXU Energy, a subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings , formerly TXU Corp., is a market-leading competitive retail electricity provider. TXU Energy provides electricity and related services to millions of Texans across the state. The company offers a variety of innovative products and solutions, including 24/7 customer service, competitively priced service plans, energy efficiency options and renewable energy programs.
The Manager II, Operations Analytics has responsibility for providing analytics and reporting to support the Revenue Management and Customer Operations organization. This includes daily operations reporting to measure performance for the various functional areas of Revenue Management and Customer Operations (Billing, Transaction Management, Payment Processing, Remittance, Call Center etc) in addition to providing the analytic support to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of these areas. In addition, the selected candidate will be accountable for supporting the testing of any product or service enhancements related to all Revenue Management functions and validating criteria for successful implementation. This position supervises (staffs, controls, directs, counsels and manages performance of) a team of data analyst professionals. Critical criteria for success will be the ability to work effectively in a team environment to establish sound oversight capabilities in the Revenue Management area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned. Directly or through others, the incumbent will:
· Lead team’s efforts to monitor day to day activities within the Revenue Management area and provide applicable analytics to senior leadership
· Lead and direct analytic team to actively work with Revenue Management functional areas (Billing, Transaction Management, Payment Processing, Remittance) by providing reporting expertise, offering original perspectives and challenging conventional views to better align decision making/perceptions with changing business needs. Respond to questions from these groups regarding any aspect of customer report data.
· Manage a team of data analysts to effectively analyze large amounts of customer data by integrating and managing data from various systems including SAP and external sources. Utilize strong data management skills to manipulate large datasets.
· Employ statistical knowledge to develop relevant descriptive statistics of customers as they relate to Revenue Management activities.
· Manage overall analysis of Revenue Management performance measures to insure delivery of results that meet and exceed expectations via service level agreements. Define and enforce changes where under delivery is identified.
· Lead development and execution of a highly effective testing program for Revenue Management to insure validation of functional capabilities against business requirements
· Direct a team of analysts to develop quality assurance reporting and data analytics to support the adequate oversight of Revenue Management functions
· Work in a highly collaborative manner to maintain an effective relationship with all groups supporting Revenue Management operations
· Oversee, supervise and provide direction for a team of data analysts.
The minimum education requirements are:
Bachelors Degree in a related field strongly preferred, or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
The minimum experience requirements are:
5+ years of significant Analytic’s, Data Analysis using Excel and SAS
2+ years experience managing/supervising teams of production/professional employees
Knowledge of the electricity industry and competitive retail electric markets
Strong analytical work background
7+ years professional (exempt) level work experience
Demonstrated track record of increased work responsibility
Supervisory Responsibility: Direct responsibility for large work group of seasoned specialists responsible for actions necessary to resolve complaints.
Manages team of professional staff (exempt) or manages complex business function without staff
Some budgetary responsibility, for example: Overtime approvals, expense report approvals, etc.
Internal/External Interfaces: Customers, Customer Agents (Legal Council, Better Business Bureau Customer Advocates, etc.), Regulatory Agencies (PUC, Attorney General’s Office, etc.), TXU Energy organizations (Sales, Regulatory, Legal, Billing, etc.)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES The following knowledge, skills and capabilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
Basic understanding of Customer Operations
Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
Good interpersonal skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Good presentation skills
Ability to achieve quality work under deadline pressure
Skill in using computer software applications such as Microsoft Office
Ability to gain content knowledge quickly
Excellent customer-focused skills
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
Must be detailed-oriented and possess the ability to follow through on assignments
Ability to analyze performance trends and operational metrics in an effort to identify and articulate performance issues and improvement opportunities
Ability to develop and prepare business analysis and recommendations
Demonstrated negotiation skills and consensus building
Excellent problem solving skills; able to solve problems guided only by general organization objectives, policies, and goals
Ability to manage a diverse range of projects simultaneously
Ability to plan, forecast, and manage resources; i.e. budget, staff, etc.
Ability to work comfortably with all levels of management and leadership
Ability to motivate employees
Effective performance management capabilities (people/teams)
Demonstrated ability to manage and direct teams
Demonstrated understanding of business acumen
Ability to define and administer business policy and SOP’s
Innovative and creative thinking skills
Knowledge of Electric Industry and Competitive Retail Markets
It is the policy of Energy Future Holdings, Luminant, and TXU Energy to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
Energy Future Holdings - 9 months ago
Energy Future Holdings Corp. is a Dallas-based, privately held energy company with a portfolio of competitive and regulated energy...