This position provides overall coordination and program management for the advancement of the Countywide Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) plan that is a strategic mission critical function.
1) Coordinate with County Departments, state and local transportation agencies, consultants, developers and community on matters related to the planning and design of the network of bus rapid transit corridors.
2) Research, plan and make recommendations to the Department Director and Deputy Directors, County Executive, Chief Administrative Officer, County Council, Planning Board, and other appropriate government agencies of any action needed to expedite the planning and design of the network of bus rapid transit corridors. Then, present and defend the soundness of those recommendations.
3) Serve as primary technical expert and point of public contact regarding the advancement of the bus rapid transit corridors.
4) Direct the technical engineering and organizational studies related to the implementation of the bus rapid Transit (BRT) corridors.
5) Brief the Executive and Council about any actions needed to facilitate the implementation of the bus rapid transit corridors; including: schedules, financial resources, identification of major constraints and recommendations to resolve the same.
6) Develop policies and direct the planning, establishment of organizational structure, implementation responsibility, allocation of major resources, and resolution of technical problems both inside and outside of the organization.
7) Coordinate and develop agreements with State and Municipal agencies for operations and maintenance responsibilities of the BRT system
8) Ensure coordination with other departmental activities and establish a mechanism to resolve internal conflicts.
As a manager/supervisor of unionized employees, this position has a responsibility for fostering a positive labor relations environment based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
Additional Employment Information
Montgomery County Government is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workforce diversity. Accordingly, as it relates to employment opportunities, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email to email@example.com . Individual determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made in accordance with all applicable laws.
Montgomery County Government also provides hiring preference to certain categories of veterans and veterans/persons with a disability. For more information and to claim employment preference, please refer to the Careers webpage on Hiring Preference .
Education : Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree.
Experience : Seven (7) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the planning, design and implementation associated with major transportation projects, three years of which were in a supervisory or executive capacity.
Equivalency : An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Note: The term "executive" is further defined as a high echelon or high level position in an organization that is assigned technical research, management advisory services responsibilities, or policy-making duties and responsibilities that exerts considerable influence on organizational policy, plans, and operations through technical research, management advisory services, and/or policy-making duties and responsibilities (e.g., County positions at Grade 30 or above).
Resume must include information specific to the preferred criteria listed below. Make sure that your resume references your knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to the preferred criteria. Ideally, the preferred criteria should be addressed in a separate section in your resume. The system only allows for one document to be submitted so your preferred criteria must be part of the resume.
1. Experience leading, supervising and managing employee team tasks and assignments.
2. Experience in the planning, design, and implementation of bus rapid transit projects.
3. Experience with the principles, practices and techniques to plan, formulate, analyze, integrate, and implement broad programmatic and business strategies and policies.
4. Experience in planning and implementing a bus rapid transit system and bus priority corridor improvements.
5. Experience with Federal and State transportation programs and funding.
6. Experience communicating, both orally and in writing, with other government agencies, communities, citizen groups, general public, vendors, and outside agencies.
If selected for consideration for this position, you may be required to provide evidence that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities indicated on your resume.
All applicants will be reviewed by OHR to determine whether or not they meet minimum qualifications for the position. All applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be reviewed and rated by subject matter experts based on the Preferred Criteria. Based on the results of Preferred Criteria evaluation, applicants will be rated and placed on the Eligible List as either "Qualified" or "Well Qualified." The highest rated applicants will be placed on the Eligible List and may be considered for interview. Employees meeting minimum qualifications who are same grade or higher will be placed on Eligible List as a "Transfer" candidate and may be considered for interview. Note: In the event there are 5 or less minimally qualified candidates, all will be placed on the Eligible List as Qualified and will be interviewed.
Montgomery County Government - 21 months ago