Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is a leading provider of travel and expense management solutions. As a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider, Concur’s easy-to-use cloud-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. By driving innovation in the travel and expense industry, Concur is on a mission to create The Perfect Business Trip for both the individual traveler and enterprise organizations. In 2013, Concur was named “Best Self-Booking Tool at the Business Travel Awards. Powering evolution in travel technology, the Concur Connect platform enables the entire travel and expense ecosystem of customers, suppliers and solution partners to access and extend Concur’s T&E cloud. Concur is trusted by thousands of companies in more than 100 countries and reaches millions of employees worldwide.
The IT Manager of Financial Systems, is a working manager role within Concur’s IT organization. A key to this role’s success will depend upon the candidate’s ability to ensure operational excellence while supporting enhancements to further Concur’s Financial System’s strategy. Along with the Director of IT Business Systems, this role will maintain positive relationships with business partners in the Accounting, Treasury and Finance organizations.
This position requires an analytical mindset, accuracy, attention to detail and creative problem solving abilities. You will lead a team of analysts and developers to support daily operations and ongoing IT and Corporate initiatives related to the Financial Systems. The position reports to the Director of IT Business Systems.
- Partner with Accounting, Billing, Revenue Operations, Treasury and Finance team stakeholders to support both ongoing operations and projects in a timely, effective and clear fashion.
- Drive operational excellence into process and procedures, with a focus on documentation, cross-training, testing, monitoring, and measurement. Manage the support for daily financial system operations.
- Safeguard the integrity of customer data within the financial systems.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise financial system team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work, maximizing their productivity and utilization.
- Effectively manage and leverage external vendor relationships and vendor SLAs as they pertain to the financial systems.
- Ensure effective staffing levels and meet with staff to discuss work assignments, resolve problems, and ensure standards for quality and quantity of work are met. Adjusts work schedules, priorities and assignments to ensure efficient levels of support.
- Deliver regular communication with senior management on status, risks and emergent issues.
- Ensure rigorous adherence to Change and Problem Management processes. Ensure deep dive analysis of incidents and outages is conducted, remediations are implemented for future avoidance, and appropriate communication is delivered to technology and business stakeholders.
- When needed, provide after-hours response to escalations for priority issues and incidences.
- Evaluate and provide impact assessment of cross-functional company projects on financial systems and processes.
- Identify, track and analyze key metrics that impact the business.
- Support and follow IT’s SDLC & PMLC processes for enhancements and projects
- Comply with corporate policies and legal requirements; support SOX, PCI and other compliance areas, providing internal and external audit support as needed, related to financial system operations and procedures.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Business, Accounting or Information Systems
- 5+ years total direct work experience with Oracle E-Business Suite Financials required, with exposure to a variety of the Financial modules such as GL, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Consolidations, and Cash Mgmt.
- 3+ years work experience in Accounting/Finance or supporting Accounting/Finance end-users, experience with international consolidations preferred
- Supervisory/management experience preferred
- Business or Systems Analysis experience required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively elicit requirements, document business processes, track and troubleshoot applications issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills, works well across functional areas, team player
- Experience conducting presentations and user training
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Knowledge and Competencies:
- Experience writing business requirements, functional specifications, detailed design documents, technical requirements, and test plans.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Project Management Life Cycle (initiation, Planning, Design, Execution).
- Strong knowledge of financial functional areas (GL, AP, AR, Consolidations and Fixed Assets) within Oracle e-Business Suite
- General accounting knowledge and understanding of business and accounting processes, including debits & credits, billing, general ledger, consolidations, expense accounting and financial reporting
- Strong understanding of change management for business processes and systems, including experience with identifying and managing adequate levels of quality controls in implementations, developing user-acceptance test plans and test scripts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong communication and influence with senior level management.
- Working knowledge of revenue cycle processes
- Experience with MS Office (Power Point, Visio, MS Project, Word, Excel)
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team. (M/F/D/V)
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of ‘Leadership through innovation in everything we do’. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value ‘Personal and corporate integrity’ are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.
Concur participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.