Bluestem IT is looking for a leader to manage our Platform DevOps engineering team. This Information Technology Leader will be responsible to manage and oversee delivery for all IT services related to the ecommerce channel platform. This will include the infrastructure, platform and hosting services for Fingerhut.com, Gettington.com and Mypaycheckdirect.com. This leader is required to be technical in nature and is required to lead situations that require quick problem resolution and root cause analysis. The role requires a strong ability to turn redundant problems into engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline what traditionally would be manual process in the IT world. This is a new position in the organization and will report to the Director of IT Operations.
This role will play an important role in the continued growth and success of Bluestem Brands. The Company is a technology-enabled retailer, and the new Platform Dev Ops Manager will lead a team responsible for driving innovation and supporting systems platform design, build and support through the web channel.
The new Platform Dev Ops Manager will partner closely with key stakeholders across IT and the business to develop, articulate and execute a compelling yet cost-effective technology and infrastructure strategy that can support the next leg of the Company’s growth by leading the following:
- Execute engineering projects by developing resource planning for business roadmap in advance; removing barriers to success; ensuring others have the information, training, resources, and implementation time needed to succeed; developing and upgrading work assignments and processes to accomplish goals across functions, organizations, and geographies; reviewing project progress against timeline; and developing and communicating logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, to build commitment and support.
- Reduce customer impact (for example, sales loss) due to applications systems issues by ensuring high quality using quality standards; measuring sales loss and performing root cause analysis; publishing results; and developing future prevention plan.
- Drive continuous process improvement and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving agility of the team; and adopting industry trends for innovation.
- Ensure product quality by developing and executing quality assurance plan; using data and experience to determine customer needs; directing continuous improvement and eliminating non-value-added work; measuring milestones for quality; and developing mitigation plans to ensure quality.
- Project delivery and oversight – responsible for the development, implementation and enhancements for highly integrated set platform and infrastructure.
- Partners with business leaders to prioritize and deliver technology solutions to meet business needs
- Directs, trains and develops a team of IT professionals
- Manage vendor deliverables and relationships for software products and consulting services
- Develops, drives and maintains technology strategies and tactics for portfolio of business applications
- Site performance and operational stability
To excel in this critical role, the successful candidate must possess, by virtue of career accomplishments and experience the following demonstrated competencies:
- Institutionalizing a DevOps mentality
- eCommerce Hosting technologies and partnership development
- Technical/Functional Skill
- Ability to Drive a Business and IT web platform Strategy
- Results Orientation
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Team Leadership
- Partnership with business unit leadership and single point of contact for all IT services
- Collaboration with IT peers to ensure overall success of technology efforts broadly
- Vendor management for platform and hosting services
- Future state capability roadmap with current state assessment and gap analysis
- Financial planning including annual budget, forecasting and cost tracking, work estimation, capital funding requests, application total cost of ownership
The ideal candidate with have significant ecommerce experience leading information technology in a web channel, ideally in a multi-channel retail environment. He/she will have direct experience leading an innovative yet cost efficient web IT platform that optimally balances “what is possible” versus “what is practical” to support business operations, drive productivity improvements and an industry-leading customer experience. He/she should be an accomplished thought leader with experience across a broad range of technology areas including, platform development, system and IT infrastructure, operations and large-scale project delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Teamwork, relationship building, conflict resolution, verbal/written communication, customer orientation, problem solving.
- Prior success with people management, talent assessment, coaching, performance management.
- Proven project/program management skills. Planning, scope, quality, time, cost and resource control, communication and status, risk management.
- Strong negotiation skills, managerial courage, accountability and commitments
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability. Experience establishing strategies and roadmaps for business, technologies and peoples to meet IT and corporate goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, business process management or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years IT professional experience, including 5+ years of managerial experience
- Technical experience and thought leadership in the ecommerce channel; experience with Fry, ATG, WebSphere, or similar.
Bluestem Brands is proud to be named to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces 2013.
Bluestem Brands, Inc., headquartered in suburban Minneapolis,...