Post Date: 4/23/2012
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray DiscR and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 1.5 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald's restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Walmart locations and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.redbox.com Information about Coinstar can be found at www.coinstar.com.
The Verizon-Redbox JV brings together two innovative companies known for creating brands that customers trust and products consumers want. With immediate DVD and Blu-ray rental through Redbox and instant broadband content from Verizon, we'll be uniquely positioned to deliver the best of both worlds - physical and digital - to all consumers nationwide. We'll make it easy for everyone to access and enjoy the entertainment they want to see, using any providers' mobile or home broadband service - anytime, anywhere.
Working at the Verizon-Redbox Joint Venture means you can enjoy the freedom and creativity of a start-up business with the resources of two recognized, established companies, plus more opportunities, more fun, more flexibility, more "wow". You'll do this with the aid of world-class technologies and services at your disposal. By creating new choices for our customers, you'll take entertainment to a new level.
Manager, Interactive Design (Mobile/Tablets)
The Manager, Interactive Design (Mobile/Tablets) manages the day to day design work for the user experience on mobile smartphones and tablets. This person interfaces with Technology and external partners to assess and what deliverables are required and has the autonomy to create a delivery schedule. This person is a senior-level visual and interaction designer and creates and maintains the user experience and style guide for platforms he or she is accountable for. In addition to being a best in class designer, the Manager, Interactive Design (Mobile/Tablets) is also responsible for managing subordinate resources and/or agency resources to meet agreed upon deliverables.
- Works with Technology and vendors to understand capabilities and limitations of target devices.
- Creates detailed wireframe flows and visual design comps as visual requirements package based on written product requirements, Technology inputs, Marketing inputs, creative strategy and UX blueprint from Lead Information Architect.
- Delivers production assets and visual specifications to Technology for development of client applications.
- Aids in the production of and/or creates prototypes for usability testing or demonstrations of the service.
- Validates coded product for adherence to documented design specifications.
- Manages schedule, resources and workflow to deliver work product on schedule.
Education and Experience:
- Must be able to clearly communicate and otherwise present detailed wireframe flows, interaction design and reasoning behind visual design decisions.
- Must work collaboratively cross-functionally as well as within the UI Design team.
- Must be self-motivated and work proactively to uncover opportunities and pitfalls with all streams of input.
- Must be patient and gracious when accepting feedback; must be able to enthusiastically adapt to frequent changes in direction.
- Integrity is a priority and trusted for valuable unbiased input.
- Is highly influential as a result of all of the above and by backing up all suggestions insight and/or data.
- Is organized and detail-oriented; Delivers on time and doesn't over-commit.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in Graphic or Communication Design.
- 8-10 years of related experience that includes visual and interaction design (device UI), Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop) and Word and PowerPoint and/or Pages and Keynote.
- 4-6 years of Visio and/or Omnigraffle, experience observing usability testing on his/her design work and project planning and management.
- 2-3 years of experience managing others.
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago