Manager Internal Audit
Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Manager Internal Audit
, you will scope, plan and deliver professional internal audit services within the US Cobham companies.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham plc products and services have been at the heart of sophisticated military and civil systems for more than 75 years, keeping people safe, improving communications, and enhancing the capability of land, sea, air and space platforms. The Company has three divisions employing more than 10,000 people on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenue of some £1.9bn /US$3 billion+.
Manager Internal Audit Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Liaises with Corporate UK & NA senior management and UK & US based divisional management teams to understand key developments within the Cobham Group and identify the need for audit and plan accordingly.
• Ensures that internal audit reviews throughout the Cobham companies are conducted in an efficient and professional manner, together with ensuring that reports are completed and communicated to BU and divisional management in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Exercises judgment and discretion in identifying and evaluating the organization’s key risk areas.
• Manages and coordinates multi-disciplinary review assignments, including exercising independent judgment to identify and define issues, develop work programs, review and analyze company processes and procedures.
• Communicates, or assists in communicating, the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Directors.
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
• Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations.
• Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards.
• Provides key input to the development and scope of the annual audit plan.
Manager Internal Audit Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or other relevant qualification.
• Five or more years’ professional experience in public accounting with three or more years of full-time experience in auditing.
• Experience recruiting, managing and developing staff.
• Ability to work in the US.
• Ability to travel approximately 50% (typically for one week at a time)
Manager Internal Audit Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in aerospace and defense industry preferred.
• Experience with M&A processes and due diligence procedures preferred.
• Exposure to Oracle experience with ERP systems (e.g. Audit, Review or Operation) and generally accepted IT industry standards strongly preferred.
• Previous exposure or involvement in corporate reorganizations (e.g. change management, process improvement and IT systems implementation).
• Experience with review of USG Regulatory Compliance matters (e.g. FAR , TINA, CAS, FCPA/UK Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption) a plus.
• Demonstrate initiative and drive and embraces change.
• Ability to effectively communicate with both financial and non-financial staff.
• Able to manage multiple assignments and prioritize time and resource.
• Comfortable problem solving & providing creative solutions.
• Able to deliver effective and sustainable change.
• Decisive & proactive.
• Knowledge of French a plus.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/D/V
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...