- Responsible for maintaining Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air companywide compliance for international facilitation regulations mandated by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and their Canadian and Mexican equivalents.
- Advocate for effective legislation in alignment with companywide goals.
- Responsible for compliance to all international customs and immigration and animal/plant regulations for the United States, Canada and Mexico that pertain to an airline passenger and cargo operation.
- Act as a company liaison (headquarters and local level) with government agencies that regulate air carriers that travel internationally. This includes, but may not be limited to, Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), Mexican Aduana, Mexican National Immigration Institute and Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).
- Supports Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air divisional management in having direct relations with the various government agencies that control the entry and exit of passengers, crewmembers, cargo and catering while working in their day-to-day operation.
- Act as a company liaison with industry counterparts.
- Act as a company liaison with the international facilitation committees and/or working groups within ATA, IATA and RAA.
- Responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of the international facilitation portion of the aviation security manual.
- Responsible for the interpretation of government regulations and determination of applicability and impact to Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air.
- Provide assistance and support to Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air divisions responsible for creating and maintaining policy, procedures and training.
- Ensures internal communication on new international facilitation government mandates that pertain to air carriers.
- Responsible for maintaining the compliance for the master crew list and flight crew manifest APIS database.
- Responsible for tracking all proposed penalties and liquidated damages and report findings.
- Responsible for the investigation and mitigation of all proposed penalties and liquidated damages.
- Assist with the development of audits.
- Responsible for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air companywide education on the purpose of international facilitation federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- 5 years of international airline operational experience is required
- Familiarity with reading, understanding and interpreting government regulations is required
- Thorough understanding of how regulations are created and become law, including an understanding of the U.S. Federal Register rule making process
- Exceptional technical writing capabilities and the ability to produce clear, concise memos, bulletins and other company documents as required
- Ability to produce documents with graphics in Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Analytical ability to trend and track compliance statistics is preferred
- International cargo experience is preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air - 2 years ago
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....