The incumbent will report to the North American Controller and will manage all Inventory Accounting, Reporting, Control and Analysis activities for the U.S. |
Manage the following Inventory Accounting related activities:
• Oracle perpetual inventory accounting closes,
• Monthly reporting (all management, field, and Corporate requirements),
• Budget and projections and related variance analysis
• Strategic plan and budget standard costing,
• Year-end revaluation, statutory to management accounting, etc.
• Maintain and monitor Divisions E&O requirements
Inventory Management via involvement in the following:
• Product business case, launch, and product life cycle activities
• Monitoring, reporting, and assisting in the maintenance of appropriate inventory levels at the
warehouse, and BMAP
Manage all Inventory Reporting requirements:
• Oracle, Hyperion, Source P&L, etc.
• Cognos, iMetrics, Mobitor, year end, etc
• Financial compliance, specifically all monthly, quarterly and annual inventory reconciliation
• Support Field Inventory Incentive needs
• SOX, Internal Audit, and E&Y Inventory requirements
Involvement in all Inventory Planning activities:
• Maintenance of financial inventory policies and procedures
• Detailed involvement in the product business case, milestone, forecast and ordering (Supply Chain)
Maintenance and management of Divisional and Affiliate Relationships:
• Marketing (Product and Market plans)
• BMAPs (Dii needs)
• R&D (early business case involvement)
• Operations & Manufacturing (Supply Chain)
• Group and Corporate (Variance Analysis)
***Candidate MUST have some Manufacturing Experience
- 10+ years of accounting experience ideally in a manufacturing / inventory centric setting (a company that makes and sells products)
- Experience managing inventory accounting functions: month end close, standards review, cost rolls, etc.
- Experience preparing detailed inventory budgets, forecasts, short-term and long-term plans, etc.
- Applied knowledge of inventory management fundamentals and associated key performance indicators
- Familiarity with Transfer Pricing, Standard Costing, and Inventory Valuation accounting
- Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend, and execute process improvements within Inventory and Supply Chain areas
- Demonstrated ability and experience managing project initiatives
- Demonstrated abilities to manage a team and meeting deliverables/timelines on a consistent basis
- Excellent people and communication skills – written, oral, and organization skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for identifying and communicating to management key drivers in reported data and potential issues
- Ability to interface with all areas of the Company: ie: Marketing, R&D, Operations, Manufacturing Plants, Senior Management, etc.
- Working knowledge of integrated financial systems (ie: Oracle) plus systems such as Hyperion Enterprise and Cognos OLAP
- Advanced PC skills in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley process documentation
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business required.
CPA, Masters Degree, and/or CMA preferred