Enbridge Energy Company, Inc., a leader in crude oil and natural gas transportation, gathering and processing, is currently seeking a Manager, Major Projects Communications for our Superior, WI location.
Manage media relations and other external communications related to Enbridge major projects in the United States. In this role– working under the direction of the Senior Manager, Business and Major Projects Communications, and in close coordination with the Senior Manager, Public Affairs, Liquids Pipelines, will lead or support development of external communications plans for key major projects, including liquids pipeline projects, natural gas projects, renewable energy projects, power transmission projects and joint venture pipeline projects being developed by partner company. The Communications Specialist will closely work with Public Affairs team members to assure that external communications objectives, strategies and tactics – including message development – are aligned and complementary to stakeholder outreach and other major project public consultation. The Communications Specialist also may participate in due diligence review of proposed asset acquisitions or project “farm-ins.” Further, the Communications Specialist will have the requisite public relations generalist skill set to provide support, as required, in areas such as internal communications, stakeholder consultation, community relations and issue management, This position also will serve as a key member of the Enbridge crisis communications team and will be qualified to serve as a public information officer in an Incident Command System.
- Media Relations: Serve as a lead U.S. liquids pipelines major projects spokesperson for trade press and major state and national news media. Develop and maintain good relationships with key business/energy/environmental reporters and editors with interest in major pipeline projects. Draft key messages and talking points related to proposed major projects and in response to issues that may develop during project construction.
- External Communications Planning: Lead or support development of external communications plans and the drafting of key messages and talking points for major projects in the U.S., including liquids pipelines, natural gas, renewable energy, power transmission and joint venture pipeline projects being developed by JV partner company.
- Crisis Communications: Serve as a lead crisis communications media contact during incidents or emergencies related to project construction. Participate as a key member of the Enbridge Enterprise Emergency Response Team and undertake training required to serve in public information role in Incident Command System.
- Presentations and Speeches: Work with executives and major projects directors/managers to provide presentation assistance, including assistance with professional development courses for staff.
- Publications: May be asked to support development of various publications to support project development.
- Advertisements: Works with project teams and communications team to help develop and place advertisements in relevant media to support project development and/or respond proactively to project-related issues during construction.
- Vendors/Contractors: As required,may manage relationship with vendors/contractors for external communications activities, including advertising.
- Public Affairs Generalist: As required, provide support to public affairs and communications team members in such areas as internal communications, stakeholder outreach, community relations and issue management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please apply online by February 13, 2013.
We appreciate your interest in Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. However, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Enbridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice,all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Enbridge Energy Company, Inc.
Typical Qualifications for this Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field. At least 8-10 years’ broad-based experience in public relations, media relations and/or communications field, preferably in the energy or transportation industry. Experience as a working journalist must be balanced with significant working experience as a public relations/public affairs professional. Equivalent combination of education and experience will receive fair consideration. Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) preferred.
- Strong media relations and communications skills and knowledge, and detailed understanding of communication theory and its application in the effective integration of messages across a variety of media, for a variety of target audiences.
- Creative abilities to grasp effective message conveyance using visual tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with senior leadership and experienced external stakeholders, including knowledgeable reporters and editors.
- Project management skills working with budgets and outside consultants.
- Able to deal with a variety of external and internal disciplines and senior management and manage multiple projects at once, under deadline pressure.
Enbridge - 19 months ago
Head of the class in transporting petroleum around the Great Lakes is Enbridge Energy Partners, which owns the 1,900-mile US portion...