Job Title: |
Manager, Maritime Audit Services
Area of Interest:
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Responsible for assisting the Director – Maritime Audit Services to ensure that shipboard operations and procedures are followed in accordance with the Safety Management System Corporate Standards and that relevant International, National, Flag State and Local Regulations are being followed.
• Perform internal audits, focused reviews, independent reviews and evaluations of any and all operations and activities to assess compliance with policies, laws, and regulations which could have significant impact upon operations, including: -
- Compliance with the company Management Systems, where it applies to the International Safety Management (ISM)Code and all internal Health, Environmental, Safety and Security policies and procedures.
- The reliability and integrity of internal controls over Health, Environmental, Safety and Security.
- The effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
• Enter completed audit reports into the corporate tracking system for review and action.
• Assess follow-up and report on management’s progress in implementing agreed upon opportunities.
• Exercise discretion in the review of records to ensure confidentiality of all matters that comes to attention.
• Establish and maintain effective business relationships with operating management and to project a positive and pro-active image of Maritime Audit Services.
• Provide supervision, training and coaching to staff on an ongoing basis.
• Undertake relevant training, networking and studies as required ensuring continuing professional development and adherence established maritime audit standards.
• Perform investigations, as assigned.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as and when required.
Measures of Accountability:
• Performance of audits in a quality and timely manner that is compliant with Maritime Audit Services policies and procedures.
• Report writing that meets established standards and address significant opportunities.
• Knowledge of the company and industry.
• Confident in communicating effectively and constructively at all levels and by different means (written, verbal, listening).
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good judgment
• Strong organizational skills.
• Commercial awareness.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Strong knowledge of maritime regulations and requirements, applicable to passenger ships.
• High level of professionalism/independence/confidentiality.
• Inquisitive/assertive demeanor.
• Consistent and disciplined approach that allows accomplishment of objectives and the effective management of projects.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
• A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts
• Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs
• A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
• Tuition Reimbursement is provided for company related professional career development
• An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking
• Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock
• Paid vacation and sick time
• An on-site fully accredited child development center
• An on-site Health & Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities
• Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Lines - 20 months ago
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...