Bayer HealthCare (BHC) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches promoting science for a better life throughout everything that we do. Our Specialty Pharmaceutical business ranks among the top 10 specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our global research and development is focused in five distinct areas: Diagnostic Imaging, Hematology/Cardiology, Oncology, Specialized Therapeutics, and Women's Healthcare. As a specialty pharmaceuticals company, we focus our efforts in areas of high unmet medical need and where we can have the most impact. Our Medical Care division consists of Diabetes Care and Radiology and Interventional. The Diabetes Care division is one of the largest blood glucose monitoring businesses in the world, supporting customers in 100 countries. Radiology and Interventional is the world's leading supplier of contrast agents and injection systems for diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures. The business also supplies mechanical systems for removing thrombi from blood vessels. Our Consumer Care business is a top competitor in many important product categories including analgesics, cough and cold, and nutritionals. More than 3,000 employees support 14 manufacturing sites in 11 countries dedicated to ensuring the delivery of a secure, high-quality, cost-effective supply of our products around the world. Our Animal Health business in North America is dedicated to making the world a better place for our veterinary customers, their clients, and the animals we all hold dear. Market Research & Consumer Relations We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The Manager, Market Research † New Products is responsible for providing strategic insights and recommendations based on the procurement and analysis of information for the New Products area. These recommendations frequently have a significant and direct impact on the division†s ability to continue to build a strong new product pipeline and viable future. The Manager, Market Research † New Products will lead information gathering/analysis efforts by working closely with numerous internal departments, outside consultants, and outside research vendors. Key activities include:
Provide research-based guidance on key strategic and tactical issues for new products group:
Manage the information gathering and analytic processes for New Products:
- Serve as a business consultant (representing the consumer, healthcare professional and customer) providing strategic insight and recommendations to various internal groups (Including New Product Management, Business Development, Legal, and Marketing Services) for New Products.
- Make recommendations that positively impact the New Product†s group†s ability to successfully meet their commitments to the Division.
- Challenge the status quo by utilizing data in new and unique ways, penetrating beneath the numbers to bring strategic focus, raise questions and best position, grow and develop respective business opportunities.
- Direct the development of annual research plans and budgets (Custom and Syndicated) for new products group
Develop/Assess new methodologies for evaluating new product opportunities:
- Manage the collection of information, generation of insights and recommendations to address various business issues and opportunities including but not limited to: Identifying and sizing new product opportunities, product optimization, strategic positioning, pricing, packaging, medical marketing, Rx to OTC switch dynamics.
- Manage relations with outside research vendors: Educate them about our businesses/issues and working style/needs. Work as a collaborative partner to design and execute the most appropriate research study. Keep them apprised of all project developments
Maximize return on investment for information gathering activities:
- Stay informed on latest market research/analytic approaches to identifying and sizing new product opportunities.
- Spearhead efforts to road test and implement new approaches as appropriate.
oEight plus years of hands on primary research experience.
- Share learnings with internal Bayer groups and outside consultants as appropriate to help broaden our collective understanding of the consumer, new categories, and new product opportunities.
- Ensure that primary and syndicated research adheres to highest possible quality standards in design, execution, and analysis.
- Negotiate favorable pricing and timing on a per project basis.
- Bachelor†s degree required, preferably in Mathematics, Psychology or Marketing/Marketing Research.
- 10 - 12 years of progressively responsible experience in Market Research with the following specific experience:
oExperience/familiarity with Syndicated sales data (IRI, AC Nielsen/IMS).
oStrong knowledge of Research design and statistics.
oProven track record of convincing Management to act upon key research learnings.
oAble to manage/prioritize multiple projects.
oMust be highly analytical; possess strong interpersonal skills including influencing and teamwork skills.
oMust have solid written and oral communication skills.
- MBA degree.
- Consumer package goods experience.
- Prior background on the supplier and/or Ad Agency side.
- A minimum of 4 years on the client side.
Bayer is an innovation company with a more than 150-year history and core competencies in the fields of health care and agriculture. We...